Got Some Garands Out Today --

The weather here is lousey .. cold and rainy. Have not had the garands out for a long time and thought it was time to get reunited ... took a couple of group pictures while they were out getting a surface cleaning and some grease up :

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

From Center Top to Bottom:
Harrison & Richardson 1955
Springfield Oct 1942
Springfield Feb 1944
Winchester Nov 1941
Winchester Feb 1943
Springfield Jun 1941
Springfield Mar 1942

Left of Center:
Springfield November 1943
Winchester January 1945

Right of Center:
Springfield August 1943
Springfield December 1942

wow...that is amazing...is that just a really dark stain on the springfield at the bottom?

Nope -- Did the "unthinkable" -- sitting in a plastic stock set ..... this started out as a stripped barrelled receiver. Had enough parts sitting around to build the receiver and a buddy had this "unthinkable" stock set ...... Got a couple old pieces of barnwood garand stocks but could not get a good tight fit with this one .... One day when I get around to it, I will find some "real wood" for it!!

Thanks all for the kind comments!! I LOVE Garands and Carbines!!

I like it! Man I thought I was a happy man when I got my 1st Garand in july to keep the communist in my safe in line and I recently order a 2nd.....when I see pics like this??
I dont have enough[rolleyes]

Damn. I really have to get a Garand. The carbine needs a big brother to look up to.

I've already been eyeing the CMP website, but I'd feel like a douchepiece buying myself another gun this close to Christmas. [sad]

Damn. I really have to get a Garand. The carbine needs a big brother to look up to.

I've already been eyeing the CMP website, but I'd feel like a douchepiece buying myself another gun this close to Christmas. [sad]

I look at it this way.... You should feel like a douchepiece for not buying yourself a Christmas present.

My birthday is 12/22 and every year I spoil myself by getting a nice gun for my birthday/Christmas present from me to me.

I love me so much.[rofl]

On Veteran's Day went to the range and exercised couple old war relics! ... feed the garand out of chrome clips and let it wear a nice chrome bayonet for the day!

IMG_2436.jpg

so you are the one buying all the Garands around here. no wonder i can never find a good one. lol JK.

Very nice, but I see one problem...there are 13, and that's an unlucky number, you should get rid of one....to me...LOL (yes, I'm jealous) Nice grouping!

Back
Top Bottom