Got my Unrestricted Class A!

Just picked it up earlier today. It was good to know they didn't lie when they said I could upgrade from the mandatory B after a year. From what I could tell, the mandatory Class B policy went away and my town might even be green. No guarantee in that though.

Congrats what a good feeling!
Did they upgrade you without having to resubmit or did you pay $200 for 6 years?

I got b rammed in another town, I was told the same thing They would give me the a in 1 year but I would need to re apply.

I got b rammed in another town, I was told the same thing They would give me the a in 1 year but I would need to re apply.

Unfortunately that is true. When you get a Class A, it will be a different LTC number and thus they have to pay the state $75 with your application (the town gets to keep $25 for the schools).

Whenever you change classes of license, the number changes and they can't "upgrade" that license.

I have a class A.
My wife was issued a class B with restrictions. Seemed odd to me,as she has never done anything wrong in her life. I'm another story, but I had an FID card and they issued a class A as a " renewal".
My question is, does she have to wait the 5 years to renew to a class A, or can she do it before then. She has had her license for 18 months now.
Thanks, Mike

I have a class A.
My wife was issued a class B with restrictions. Seemed odd to me,as she has never done anything wrong in her life. I'm another story, but I had an FID card and they issued a class A as a " renewal".
My question is, does she have to wait the 5 years to renew to a class A, or can she do it before then. She has had her license for 18 months now.
Thanks, Mike

Ask the CLEO/issuing officer. If she has taken any additional training, formal or informal, let them know. I t may help to greas the wheels a bit.

Also point out that you as a holder of a class A have access to firearms she isn't supposed to have and you wouldn't want her to be in a predicament if something were to happen to you. It just makes sense she have an A.

Mike,

Regrettably there are still some sexist chiefs/licensing officers out there that do NOT fairly treat the fairer sex. [thinking] [rolleyes]

Sad but true.

I like PennyPincher's idea. Give it a try.

Mike,

Regrettably there are still some sexist chiefs/licensing officers out there that do NOT fairly treat the fairer sex. [thinking] [rolleyes]

Sad but true.

I like PennyPincher's idea. Give it a try.

If a trend could be established in that town that would be the poster child example for getting rid of arbitrary licensing.

The anti-gun crowds head would explode when we said we needed to get rid of this chiefs discretion junk and used chiefs not issuing licenses to women as the example. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

Mike

If a trend could be established in that town that would be the poster child example for getting rid of arbitrary licensing.

The anti-gun crowds head would explode when we said we needed to get rid of this chiefs discretion junk and used chiefs not issuing licenses to women as the example. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

Mike
While your post might be in jest, you might be on to something there. What is worse to your avg. dingbat than guns rattling all around them? Sexism and bigotry.

Mike

I was at a Public Safety Comm hearing at the state house many years ago where 3 women in a row got up to speak their case . . . all were denied unrestricted licenses. It was a pattern and most likely due to sex of applicants. IIRC, there were lawsuits involved and the chief did NOT lose!

In a different town I was told by a firearms attorney who is no longer here that the chief there asks female applicants to return with their father/spouse (whichever is applicable) to apply for a LTC!! Don't know if anyone ever sued.

Legislators at the hearing were very sympathetic and then did nothing to change the status quo . . . GOAL had filed a bill to revoke the chief's discretion. You can bet your bottom dollar that MCOPA's lobbyists sunk those efforts.

I'm tucked back aways but yeah, Lawrence is right around the corner. Seems everywhere in Methuen is on the Lawrence side though...

Yep, and the spillover from there seems to be getting worse and worse as time goes by.

Congrats on your licenses. I was forced to get a B little more than a year ago, reapplied back in november and now have a class A ALP. Its good to hear that things may have changed, Im trying to get my wife to apply.

Put any thought into joining a club?

Just picked it up earlier today. It was good to know they didn't lie when they said I could upgrade from the mandatory B after a year. From what I could tell, the mandatory Class B policy went away and my town might even be green. No guarantee in that though.

Congrats on your class A ALP. That's just awesome for you. Just a reminder, we miss you too. Come back to a (relatively) free state.

-Bill

In a different town I was told by a firearms attorney who is no longer here that the chief there asks female applicants to return with their father/spouse (whichever is applicable) to apply for a LTC!! Don't know if anyone ever sued.

And for those who have neither....? Ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom