GOT MY SIG 239

paracarry

NES Member
For those that responded to my request on info on the sig 239 and those that read it. I made an even trade for my S&W 99C. took it to the range on Sunday. very impressive groups and reliability was top notch with my reloads. It shoots minute of sternum at 50 ft. and tight groups at shorter distances.Now for the interesting part. I am shooting with a guy that i have known from my club for 17 years he brings the same gun that he just purchased in 9 mm. we shoot for a liitle while all the time talking about some of the shooting we have done together over the years. I tell him about this forum and how i was advised to get some hogue grips for the gun. He then tells me he is termanally ill and has about a year left. he takes off the crimson trace laser grips off his pistol and switches them with mine, here try these he says. needless to say i like them but out of my price range. i said they were great but i'll get the hogues. He insisted i keep them. He said he wanted to do something nice for me. I AM TIRED OF LOSING GOOD FRIENDS TO CANCER!

I am very sorry to hear about your friend. Watching someone else go through a terminal illness and not being able to do anything about it is about the worst torture that I can think of. But you can do something, you can be there for them.

Accept his gift because he is most likely learning what is really important in life now and it probably means something to him to give to you.

Tim Mcgraw wrote a song about this, "Live Like You Were Dying". It might help explain some things.

Good luck, and God bless both of you.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer hits all of our families. While we have made great strides in fighting heart disease (mortality rates has been cut in half), we have not made much progress in reducing the mortality rate of cancer.

I work at a cancer research lab and I can tell you that many incredibly bright people are working incredibly hard on cancer. But cancer is not a single disease, it is many diseases. And they are incredibly complex.

There is hope, but it will be a very long and hard fight before we have more effective treatments.

Hi Paracarry...my excitement at your new acquisition is tempered by your sad news. As someone who has watched cancer claim a few loved ones I can offer no solace but to say that by accepting his gift you'll bring him happiness. Look him in the eye, thank him, and treasure his gift. Peace be with you.

I AM TIRED OF LOSING GOOD FRIENDS TO CANCER!

As I get older, I have decided that the circle of life really sucks. Your friend's gift has given him a little immortality though, because everytime you shoot the Sig, you will remember him after he is gone.

My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend.

Regards,

Bob

First congrats on your new pistol.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Your friend did a very loving and generous thing and will now live in your memory. I hope that you can enjoy his friendship during his remaining time, and that the inevitable transition is peaceful for him.

Then too, sometimes different types of cancers go into remission for reasons that are very unclear. One can only hope...

Mark L.

Back
Top Bottom