• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Got my Firearms Safety Certificate today and need tips on applying for LTC-ALP

Hi everyone,
I'm a long time lurker and first time poster here. I'm planning on submitting an application to my local PD for an LTC-ALP license. From reading a few posts on this forum, the town I live in is considered a red town.

Along with the application and safety certificate, they require applicants to submit a separate letter addressed to the Chief of police, explaining the want/need for the license applied for.

Any tips or suggestions on what I should state or not state in the letter to justify my want/need for the class A-ALP license. Just so you guys know, I do not own my own business nor do I work for a company which requires me to carry a weapon. My neighborhood is not all that safe though so I do not know if that will be taken into consideration.

I'm a law abiding with a clean record and wish to exercise my right to carry a concealed weapon for all lawful purposes. I'm trying to make sure I take all necessary steps to increase my chances of getting a class A-ALP license instead of a restricted one or worse, Class B.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Summer2000

Do you sometimes transport expensive equipment? Try to think if there is any situation that could potentially make you a target. Outside of that, you are pretty subject to the CLEO's whim.

Speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
I personally like to wilderness camp in bear country.
(That went in my my app. letter in Maynard when I died)

Summer, contact on e of the lawyers here for an appointment.

Absolutely contact one of the attorney's on this site FIRST, before you file, or you will get restriction rammed. Unless you carry/transport large amounts of money or own your own business you will be denied. Even knowing someone on the force most likely won't work. Better yet, "move" to a green town and delay the application process for a few months.

Welcome to NES.

Consult an attorney.

If you don't already know, a denial can ruin any future chances you may have. In anything but a green town, I wouldn't take a step without at least a consultation with an attorney.

Welcome to NES.

Consult an attorney.

If you don't already know, a denial can ruin any future chances you may have. In anything but a green town, I wouldn't take a step without at least a consultation with an attorney.

I have an appointment with the LEO in charge of taking applications and entering the data in their computers next Weds. Who are the lawyers here and how do I get in touch with them?

Summer2000

Back
Top Bottom