• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Got my Expert Card

Now I need to start working toward Master.[grin]

Hopefully DPMS will finish redesigning their .22LR bolts soon so I can get a decent .22 upper to practice with and save some money.

CD

Excellent Chris!

Have you considered getting a different .22lr upper besides DPMS?
I know the price is right, but there are other options.

Unfortunately price is one of the limiting factors at the moment. I've spent a little too much on some of the other toys this past year or two. I'll probably be trading or selling something to get this upper.

I've heard good things about both CLE & Accuracy Speaks but I can't go that high.

CD

Congrat's, Chris! I read somewhere that once your offhand scores reach your current classification, you are probably due to be bumped up a class. In other words, if a Sharpshooter starts scoring 84-89% offhand, they will soon be moved to Expert. An Expert scoring 89-94% will soon get bumped to Master. And so on..The thinking is that generally, offhand scores are what holds back most shooters.
When thought of in this way, Master is very attainable (hey, if I can do it, anybody can[thinking] ).

Chris
Nice going!
As far as .22s go, just get a Ciener or other brand .22 kit and shoot it in your current upper. It won't hurt a thing, and it will surprise you how well it shoots at 50', I've never shot mine beyond that 50'. That's all I've had for years, and they work perfectly fine for me. Should cost about $130.00 or so for the kit with a 10 round mag.
Dave Dow

Chris
Nice going!
As far as .22s go, just get a Ciener or other brand .22 kit and shoot it in your current upper. It won't hurt a thing, and it will surprise you how well it shoots at 50', I've never shot mine beyond that 50'. That's all I've had for years, and they work perfectly fine for me. Should cost about $130.00 or so for the kit with a 10 round mag.
Dave Dow

Thanks, I'll take another look at them. The reason I wasn't really considering them had to do with some reports of reduced accuracy due to the bore diameter and rifling twist.

CD

Back
Top Bottom