Got my C&R Today!!

Just got my C&R today. Now I can't decide what I want to buy first! Took about a month. Sent in beginning of April arrived today (or yesterday) didn't check my mail.

Any suggestions?

Hell yeah, M44! Garand! You're going to end up with everything so might as well start with anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, first thing is first, make a copy of your C&R. Sign the copy and scan to your computer. Leave the original unadulterated. Then send that copy to every place that deals with C&R.

Probably CMP Garand first before the supply dries up. I really regret not getting a CMP M1 carbine for $500 when they had them.

MS

The second job right now sounds the most appealing.

Getting a Garand this summer. Fired one today for the first time that I may pull the trigger on so I don't have to wait. Have family in Ohio and am planning on picking one up when I go back this summer in 2 months. Beats the 3-4 month waiting period.

Thinking SKS right now.

Last edited:
SKS's are my favorite right now. I finally got around to shooting the last Chinese one I bought over the winter, and I was surprised how accurate it was. I think it shoots better than my Yugo.

7.62x39 is still cheap and fairly easy to find.

edit:

Beware - of all of the online C&R dealers that I frequent, only one currently has SKSs in stock, and they are asking $500 for Chinese rifles in fair to good condition. These are a good buy at around $300.

Last edited:
Yea I can't find any SKS. I found a yugo for $395. I remember looking at SKS' while I was waiting for my LTC in Nov. Wanted a Russian SKS and I thought they were pricey at $450, now I see them on GB for $650-700. Hard part is convincing myself that they aren't going down in price.

Hell yeah, M44! Garand! You're going to end up with everything so might as well start with anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, first thing is first, make a copy of your C&R. Sign the copy and scan to your computer. Leave the original unadulterated. Then send that copy to every place that deals with C&R.

I always keep a couple of copies in my glove compartment too just in case I see a deal. They've come in handy!

You don't need a C&R for the CMP but get one anyway you will not regret it. Some of those fun C&R pistols that are not MA compliant would be fun too.

My hit list is:

M44
1903 or A3
Garand
K98
91/30
Enfield SMLE

Last edited:
Nice, congrats! That's a pretty quick turn-around.

I'm waiting for my 2nd Russian SKS to arrive at my door. M44 came in last week! ;) Damn C&R keeps taking my money! Need to stop buying guns an fix my truck.

Back
Top Bottom