Got a scope for xmas... how do I mount it?

not worth the effort.

i'm going off memory here, but the 10/22 has a 3/8 rail (or size A).

the 15/22 has a standard size rail (size b) like a regular AR-15. you would have to look up an adapter to mount on your M&P15-22 to then mount the scope... by then, you'd have wasted more money than what that scope cost.

keep it for another rifle or karma it. -my .02

merry christmas.

If you want you can screw the eye piece off to get that ring off and slide the other off. Then you can buy a set of proper rings from walmart for $15.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

what is the diameter of the scope tube? 1" ? Search Amazon for the cheapest Chinese 1" rings to fit a Picatinny rail, probably in a medium or tall height.

can find some for $5 or so with free shipping

what is the diameter of the scope tube? 1" ? Search Amazon for the cheapest Chinese 1" rings to fit a Picatinny rail, probably in a medium or tall height.

can find some for $5 or so with free shipping

0.75" diameter. Is that an abnormal size?

ETA: you won't be shooting that rifle passed 100 yards or so, so anything other than a red-dot is an utter waste of peeing towards the winds. [laugh]

if you are going to use it as a trainer, mirror it to your favorite AR build. it can shoot pretty good, about 1-1.5 MOA w/ CCI standard velocity ammo at 100 yards off a sand bag in my experience with the iron sights. [smile] enjoy the rifle, put that scope a Marline or Mossberg.

I have one of these mounted on a .22 Air Rifle. Holds Zero just fine even with the dual recoil of the spring piston, has worked just fine to 50 yards (no reason to think it can't go to 100) and it has a Parallax adjustment that really helps to dial in the range. Keep a notebook on the turret settings as you shoot different distances, and it will work just fine for a .22lr.

http://www.amazon.com/BugBuster-Compact-Mil-Dot-Illuminated-Scope/dp/B0076IA17Q

Forget the illuminated cross-hair, it sucks. For the $$, it's a decent optic for having fun.

I received this scope as a present this year:
Amazon product ASIN B0006A4BEUView: http://www.amazon.com/Tasco-Rimfire-Crosshair-Reticle-Riflescope/dp/B0006A4BEU/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1356455804&sr=1-1&keywords=tasco+4x15

The rings do not fit on the picatinny rails of my 15-22. What do I need to buy to mount it? Hopefully there is a cheap solution.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Have you figured it out? I got the same scope and had the same problem.

OP, sorry this is not a direct answer to your question. S&W 15/22 is not a precision rifle, but can be a heck of a lot of fun. I replaced the factory barrel on mine with a Volquartsen, and then mounted a UTG Bugbuster. With this setup, I can reliably ping 1 inch steel at 75 Meters. As someone else said, for quick shooting and plinking steel at 25 or 50 yds, I alternate with a Holosun red dot - a much better solution than a scope for quick acquisition at shorter ranges. Good luck, that rifle can be a real blast!

Back
Top Bottom