• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Got a Ruger PC carbine? Tell me about it.

I'm looking at a used Ruger PC4 carbine (.40S&W).
If anyone has a PC carbine in either .40 or 9mm, I'd like to hear your opinion of it.
TIA, Jack

I'm looking at a used Ruger PC4 carbine (.40S&W).
If anyone has a PC carbine in either .40 or 9mm, I'd like to hear your opinion of it.
TIA, Jack

I had one, but used it very little so I sold it. Send a PM to Night Trooper on this forum. I believe he still has it. it is 9MM, shoots great and was easy to handle.

Regards,

I know someone who has one, loves it, but is thinking on selling it.
Its a pretty neat gun. Plenty accurate and fun to shoot. I'd get it off him but I already have a Kel Tec Sub 2000 in 9mm and thats all the tactical fun, pistol round carbine I need.[grin]

That's my Janet Reno/Brady Bunch Special. Story was that GOAL asked me to be part of the NRA lawsuit against the Brady law (NICS check), so I bought the .40 with my old FID card (to force the NICS) that infamous day.

It shot my scope mounts (special Ruger mounts) loose every time. Derek shot it at the NES-Westford shoot and he gave me an idea. I'm going to order the special rings for an Adco Red/Green Dot scope that I have and see how it plays. It's a fun carbine for plinking, that's all.

....It shot my scope mounts (special Ruger mounts) loose every time....
I've seen several references to this problem. The suggested solution seems to be blue Loctite.
I've also seen a couple folks mention failures of optic sights due to the shock of the heavy bolt recoiling.

Well the scope did spin the cross-hairs to a 30 angle!

I did try locktite and it didn't work. Can't say for certain that it was 100% degreased first, as I don't recall.

Back
Top Bottom