Got a nice bonus at work

In the 2k range, Noveske all day...All day.

+100000000000 [smile]

BCM also. Very good quality at a good price. used by a lot of people who carry one for a living.

Ar15.com has a lot of good build info/ product info/ brands/ places online to order etc..

whoops posted a little late ... Nice rifle OP!

Last edited:
Nice. You did well, Grasshopper!

I'm from the same burg as you. If I had known you were going out to Remsport, I would have loved to tag along and watch the master at work.

I need mags as well. I work not far from Blue Northern so I'll run down tomorrow, and maybe pick up some ammo at Manchester this weekend.

go with a 18" rifle length gas system, then you will have a rifle that can easily do both. plus it will shoot smooth and be reliable

This is what I am thinking.

Unless you plan to compete you can buy a very nice Ar for under 1k and have money left for ammo etc....

I built my first one this year and I love it. I second they build your own the you want it theory. Shoot a few then build one the way you want for half the price.

Strongly considering this.

Why not look into a custom AR built just for you by Remsport Mfg. in Ludlow MA. You can choose the configuration for yourself and not have to settle for whats on the rack. We also have a lifetime warranty on our guns and parts, not all the AR's out there carry this type of warranty. We are not that far from you, we are just off exit 6 of the Mass. Turnpike and you can stop into the shop and look and feel and configure your new gun from our racks of parts. Ask anyone on the forum that has visited us what the experience is like.
Contact us for more information.
John
413 579 1994

You seem to have a growing reputation here on NES.

... You blow that budget on optics - glass for a varminter setup or red dots for a carbine, but you can come pretty close ...

Rails, gas pistons, lights and all that stuff is where the budget goes horribly wrong, but $2k will get you into two very decent ARs with irons...

Yup. I might do some basic optics, but maybe not. Certainly nothing from the second sentence.

So I went down to Remsport MFG on Saturday and got a custom built AR for about the price of an off the shelf job. Plus I had the bonus pleasure of watching John build it. Having been a primarily a pistol shooter except for my time in the Army, John was also kind enough to explain the pros and cons of every part that went into the rifle and answer all my newbie questions....

Wishing for some funding.

Back
Top Bottom