Got a death threat this week

Krav Maga seems like serious shit. Lots of vids on WeCensorYouTube of Krav Maga folks with lesser belts f-cking up Kung Fu black belts and other superior belts in different martial arts. It's definitely a win at all costs, no rules, this is warfare mixed martial art.

Exactly, there's no honor/bowing/respecting your opponent, etc. It's straight out self defense with an emphasis on stopping the attack as quickly as possible with violence as necessary and no regard for the damage you're going to inflict on somebody who is attacking you (direct attacks to vulnerable points on your attacker... eyes, groin, throat, etc.). And as far as I'm concerned if some a-hole loses an eye because they go after some elderly dude who they think will be an easy target F em. This stuff happens, frequently to women or people who appear vulnerable... just a few days ago a woman in Bridgewater was assaulted while she was jogging and the attacker tried to get her into his car (which is usually a death sentence if the victim actually gets forced into a car). This woman had the sense, and possibly the training, to fight back and it may be the reason she's still alive. There are some very simple self defense tactics that may not always work against every attacker but definitely give the "victim" a fighting chance.

"You blend." is one of the greatest movie lines of all time. IMO right up there with "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
"you blend" is right up there with "How's their Chinese food" for best of her lines in that movie.

Exactly, there's no honor/bowing/respecting your opponent, etc. It's straight out self defense with an emphasis on stopping the attack as quickly as possible with violence as necessary and no regard for the damage you're going to inflict on somebody who is attacking you (direct attacks to vulnerable points on your attacker... eyes, groin, throat, etc.). And as far as I'm concerned if some a-hole loses an eye because they go after some elderly dude who they think will be an easy target F em. This stuff happens, frequently to women or people who appear vulnerable... just a few days ago a woman in Bridgewater was assaulted while she was jogging and the attacker tried to get her into his car (which is usually a death sentence if the victim actually gets forced into a car). This woman had the sense, and possibly the training, to fight back and it may be the reason she's still alive. There are some very simple self defense tactics that may not always work against every attacker but definitely give the "victim" a fighting chance.
My wife took a self defense seminar a few years back.
1. Make a ton of noise......scream as loud as you can. Sometimes the attacker will figure someone hears the noise and abort.
2. Fight! Like you said......eyes balls and throat are the best targets
3. If an attacker gets you in a vehicle your are dead.....he's not going to drop you off alive somewhere after he's "done" because you can id him and the vehicle......so fight as hard as you can for as long as you can...giving up and agreeing to get in the car will not be the right choice.....DO NOT let an attacker get you in the vehicle!

That woman in Bridgewater did an amazing job fighting for her life.

My wife took a self defense seminar a few years back.
1. Make a ton of noise......scream as loud as you can. Sometimes the attacker will figure someone hears the noise and abort.
2. Fight! Like you said......eyes balls and throat are the best targets
3. If an attacker gets you in a vehicle your are dead.....he's not going to drop you off alive somewhere after he's "done" because you can id him and the vehicle......so fight as hard as you can for as long as you can...giving up and agreeing to get in the car will not be the right choice.....DO NOT let an attacker get you in the vehicle!

That woman in Bridgewater did an amazing job fighting for her life.

Absolutely. I've told my daughter (and wife) probably a hundred times. Don't ever under any circumstances get in the car. As counter-intuitive as it sounds, you're better off trying to run and even being shot at or stabbed out in the street while you're fighting and screaming in terms of your odds of survival. You must not get in the car ever. And if your car is hijacked with you driving and you're being held by knife/gun-point, buckle up and as soon as possible slam the car into something solid on his side then get the F out. What this all comes down to is don't be a victim. It starts with a frame of mind, then some training and being generally smart and aware.

Lighten up just making a joke we all need a little laughter once in awhile. Liberals are taking our jokes from us lets not let it happen here.

At a company outting after too much alcohol one of our younger employees challenged our CEO to a bout. The kid was quite large and very fit. CEO said "Sure, let's go. You have about ten years on me and probably 90 pounds. I am going for your eyes and your nuts". The kid decided he didn't want to fight.

I would make your work have a store manager walk out to the car with you if they are not cool with you carrying. I might ask them to do that anyhow.

That info was supposed to be just between us.

Look, we went over this and it's why you aren't a Federally Prohibited Person, clowns and prostitutes are already dead on the inside (at least according to the state of Nevada) so despite the convictions you are still good to go.

Wally World has those grab bins with cheap movies right now. Got "my cousin Vinnie" for $3.95. Best part is, it's not the pg version, which means they actually swear. This is still totally on topic, innit?

I would make your work have a store manager walk out to the car with you if they are not cool with you carrying. I might ask them to do that anyhow.

Since it's not a place he can't carry legally, I suggest Bob may or may not carry regardless of company rules. The only way someone should find out is if his life is actually in danger and he had to use his weapon. And in that case, life > job every time.

Have we verified Cabelas vs BPS?

Since the guy is dealing with a serious personal situation and he clearly didn't want to disclose where he works, can you all stop being [private] dicks and trying to figure it out? If he wants to tell us, he will.

Not sure if my advice counts, but I would carry everytime I work, if I were in your shoes.Better to be judged by 12........
Then again, been living in a free state for the last 5 years, and forget sometimes about crap that takes places in MA.
Amazing what an armed society looks like....

Last edited:
How do you determine what is handgun vs rifle ammo?

We've already been over that:

I was at Hudson NH recently and got 6 box of Mini Mags. The lady asked will these be used for Pistol or Rifle...

I said YES.

She demanded I give her a proper response... kinda gave me some 'tude....

So I said Ok this box is for pistol, that box is for rifle that box is pistol etc,,,, mmm THEN I changed my mined....No make it rifle, no darnnit I need 235 rounds for Pistol and whats the math on that for 600... etc...

Needless to say I took a few extra minutes she finally "figured it out" and just started pressing buttons.

You think that's bad I have a violent convict upstairs apt. making threats every week(assault,drug,gun convictions). //
We have a USMC vet neighbor just as fun. His wife had him hauled off a few weeks ago, so he should be moving on one way or the other.

Lotta whacky people in this world.

Choose:

a) change your name, have cosmetic surgery, and move

b) Charles Bronson their asses and face the consequences

c) Take your chances and go through the legal channels (restraining order, etc)- probably useless

d) Pay them off

e) Ignore them and pray

f) Be prepared (aware and armed-not AA, but A&A) and keep on living your life

I personally go with f

Last edited:
I’m sure a couple of NES members would meet you at night and walk you to your car. :D

maxresdefault.jpg

"Yoot" is from the movie My Cousin Vinny. It's Joe Pescis characters version of "youth".

Unless you've seen the movie, the average person will not pick up on that reference on their own (I saw the movie on VHS tape years ago, and that is the only reason that I knew what the OP was referring to).

I'm assuming the cops are watching this guy they've already been here a couple times with him threatening the neighbors with his dog but he has crackheads in and out so it's only a matter of time. His crazy ex-girlfriend showed up and was ranting about him posting on dating sites I'm assuming he's offering drugs for sex or something. Lots of human trash out there always watch your back
We have a USMC vet neighbor just as fun. His wife had him hauled off a few weeks ago, so he should be moving on one way or the other.

Lotta whacky people in this world.

Back
Top Bottom