Got a death threat this week

Stop listening to the above nonsense. Have a police report made, take it, go to your local district court where the offense happened and seek out a complaint for threats. Worst they can say is no at a clerk's hearing. Cover all your bases. Be aware of your surroundings.

These "Under 21" are more than likely just teenagers with a Rap vocabulary. They probably hassled the lady in the Shoe Department too.
I'm just saying every answer here is 'choot 'em.
Kinda like every answer in a French Cuisine Forum is "Top with Bearnaise Sauce"...

You hope they are just punk kids talkin chit. But n the last few years things have escalated. Remember the knockout game? Random violence just for sport. The liberal agenda has a lot of young people fired up and looking for any excuse to attack someone if they feel disrespected or really any reason at all.

I would take this seriously and don't let your guard down ever.
I hope your company is taking this seriously as well.

Thanks guys. A fistfight is not for me, being over 60. You know how it goes, too old to fight, too slow to run... Also I don't believe in close-up altercations that guarantee I'll receive damage. If you are in a fair fight, you have a bad strategy. I much prefer long-range rifle tactics. But the geographic and other circumstances dictate that a concealed pistol is the only appropriate tool for the job if needed.
I would also have a non lethal means of defense like some Fox Labs OC Spray.

Start going to work dressed like this
tumblr_mk0p9p0UQu1rsqvbwo1_500.jpg

Yup, carry a pair of TEC-9's! Keep a trunk gun in the car. Grenades are key to reach any of those punks behind cover, too. If this isn't an excuse to armor up, I don't know what is.

These "Under 21" are more than likely just teenagers with a Rap vocabulary. They probably hassled the lady in the Shoe Department too.
I'm just saying every answer here is 'choot 'em.
Kinda like every answer in a French Cuisine Forum is "Top with Bearnaise Sauce"...

I know, right?? Everyone knows that for pork and many green veggies, Beurre Blanc is far superior. (Seriously - it is. Gosh I love a good BB sauce. I'm a BB MASTAHHHH!)

Start going to work dressed like this
tumblr_mk0p9p0UQu1rsqvbwo1_500.jpg

Back off, Cobretti. You're a dinosaur! ROFL

They're most likely more bark than bite, but... definitely file a police report.

Always park somewhere in view of a camera.... be prepared for the worst.
Be especially vigilant during your commute that you aren't being followed.

Most importantly... check all your online presence and make sure that no one can track where you live. Do you have a camera system at home?

Notify your home PD too. WHile it would be nice if they kept an extra eye on things.. they most likely won't, but at least it's on record

Tell people in the store to NOT give out your name to anyone. They may come in or have someone else come in and ask "Hey I was looking at something yesterday and was talking to an older dude, but I forget his name... what is it?"

First off the PD does have the threats on file right?

Secondly you do carry right?

I was threatened with getting my head blown off by a very pissed off step family member many years back. I went to the PD and filed a report. The inspector asked if I was in fear and I replied sort of but I doubt he could find my address but if he does I’ll take action. She said you know not to wound and I replied he will leave my house in a body bag.

He died alone. I never shed a tear over that old prick.

Glad that worked out for you but in this day and age I'd never have a conversation w/ LEO about taking action, no matter how warranted. That could be used against you in the event you ever do take action. If I ever had to pull a No Trespass order against someone I'd never even mention I have an LTC or won guns (it's been a few years since I have had to take out an order against someone, have done it twice in 23 years in business). I remember recently a thread about some guy who lost his MA LTC because a cop spotted his gun when the wind blew his jacket open. If I remember correctly the cop didn't make an issue of it at the time but included in his report that he told the licensed gun owner to better conceal and when his superior read the report he decided to make an issue of it and they yanked the guy's license due to suitability (I think that about sums it up). I'd never ever mention to the popo that I have guns and intend to defend myself, no matter how justified.

I would also have a non lethal means of defense like some Fox Labs OC Spray.

Not sure if I agree with this. If you have a non-lethal means of defense but end up using a lethal means of defense they'll rake you over the coals for not using the non-lethal one (unless, of course, you use both).

And get CCW insurance (USCCA is the one I'd recommend).

Glad that worked out for you but in this day and age I'd never have a conversation w/ LEO about taking action, no matter how warranted. That could be used against you in the event you ever do take action. If I ever had to pull a No Trespass order against someone I'd never even mention I have an LTC or won guns (it's been a few years since I have had to take out an order against someone, have done it twice in 23 years in business). I remember recently a thread about some guy who lost his MA LTC because a cop spotted his gun when the wind blew his jacket open. If I remember correctly the cop didn't make an issue of it at the time but included in his report that he told the licensed gun owner to better conceal and when his superior read the report he decided to make an issue of it and they yanked the guy's license due to suitability (I think that about sums it up). I'd never ever mention to the popo that I have guns and intend to defend myself, no matter how justified.

Not sure if I agree with this. If you have a non-lethal means of defense but end up using a lethal means of defense they'll rake you over the coals for not using the non-lethal one (unless, of course, you use both).

And get CCW insurance (USCCA is the one I'd recommend).
What if they confront you and get in your face, I would want options based on the threat.

What if they confront you and get in your face, I would want options based on the threat.

Define "getting in your face". If you pepper spray them for anything other than the immediate threat of severe injury you'll end up paying for it (including possibly having the suitability issue land in your lap).

Define "getting in your face". If you pepper spray them for anything other than the immediate threat of severe injury you'll end up paying for it (including possibly having the suitability issue land in your lap).

Attachments

• 9260-defenses-self-defense.pdf
    63.9 KB · Views: 24
I hope your company is taking this seriously as well.
I'd wager not seriously to grant a waiver to the "guns at work == instant termination" policy the store almost certainly has.

One thing I'm not seeing said it the use of a very bright flashlight. If you head to your car when its getting dark I'd have a flashlight in one hand and you hand on your ccw/pepper spray in the other. A quick 900 lumens to the face will blind the one closest to you and possibly give you time to either get away or pull out your ccw/pepper spray. To each their own, but proper ccw will mean your company will never know even if they have a no carry policy. To me that goes right out the window when there's a threat against your life.

One thing I'm not seeing said it the use of a very bright flashlight. If you head to your car when its getting dark I'd have a flashlight in one hand and you hand on your ccw/pepper spray in the other. A quick 900 lumens to the face will blind the one closest to you and possibly give you time to either get away or pull out your ccw/pepper spray. To each their own, but proper ccw will mean your company will never know even if they have a no carry policy. To me that goes right out the window when there's a threat against your life.

Great idea on the flashlight. A strobe setting could be useful there as well.

Thanks guys. A fistfight is not for me, being over 60. You know how it goes, too old to fight, too slow to run... Also I don't believe in close-up altercations that guarantee I'll receive damage. If you are in a fair fight, you have a bad strategy. I much prefer long-range rifle tactics. But the geographic and other circumstances dictate that a concealed pistol is the only appropriate tool for the job if needed.

5a919de75bbbf.jpg

In all seriousness, it may be time to get to the gym. As enbloc said, your first weapon is your fist. Speaking as a soon-to-be formerly fat guy, that fist is powered by pure muscle. Git some.

:emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle:

Bonus points if you have to shoot and turn your Glock sideways and cap em gangsta style!

But seriously, carry both a gun and pepper spray, and the rest has been covered already. Head on a swivel, park under bright lights away from other cars, don't give them any cover, vary your routes, etc.

Good luck man. [thinking]

The grooves on the bullet (from the rifling) will be sideways if you do that and so the prosecution will know that you were "playing" with the the yutes, not defending your life.

ALWAYS hold the firearm in the proper, upright position for this reason.

Back
Top Bottom