Got a call to borrow a gun

Gotta assume someone who could buy a gun but hasn't is just broke.. In NH, a friend I know enough to be able to own it, to be responsible, and to return it, would get one of my FTF-bought rifles or shotguns, a little training if needed, and a care package of ammo/mags. No big deal I have multiple safes full and a few ARs that work fine but aren't worth much and I keep around for about this exact reason.

LOL. The only people that know I have guns are the friends who already have a cart load of guns. I suppose it might be possible that one of them might ask for some ammo but not a gun LOL. In that case if the shit had already hit the fan I might give the poor bastard a few rounds. Maybe.

If money is an issue for him then pick up a second hand Mossberg pump or something.
I bet those are still sitting on the shelves or racks.
I doubt there's been a big run on buckshot either.
If you can't repel anything coming through the door in the middle of the night with that, you were doomed anyway.

They won't though, because there's this huge portion of the population (80% even? maybe worse?) are moron phaggots that unconditionally knob polish statist authoritarian douchebaggery and rarely question it. They'd only ever question it when it was too late to do so, when they're getting herded into the train car at gunpoint.

-Mike

You DO know how to turn a phrase....that must be why you're a Doctor. [rofl]

This is how we change minds.. assuming all if this blows over.. at least SOME of them will wake up..

unti then.. all of those that yesterday said.. “nobody needs a...”. And ”it’s easier to get a gun than...”

my answer to them is “no”.

I would help someone that was truly open minded, and now sees the TRUE error of their ways. I would make them swear allegiance to the second amendment and haze them by making them watch Rob Pincus videos.... then I might let them borrow a .22

Anyone else will get laughed at in their sad face. Go buy a baseball bat and eat a dick.

This happened to me too today!
My brother bought an anshutz savage .22 target rifle with his pre 98 MA FID back in the day. I took him to my club a few times to shoot, and he was pretty good, but after a few apartment moves he asked me to hold it for him, then he lost interest. Been in my safe for 20 yrs.
He has had his own house for 10 years, and have constantly tried to get him to get an LTC! Kept putting it off.
Called me today asking for the thing, and I laughed and told him no. Get your License first!

This happened to me too today!
My brother bought an anshutz savage .22 target rifle with his pre 98 MA FID back in the day. I took him to my club a few times to shoot, and he was pretty good, but after a few apartment moves he asked me to hold it for him, then he lost interest. Been in my safe for 20 yrs.
He has had his own house for 10 years, and have constantly tried to get him to get an LTC! Kept putting it off.
Called me today asking for the thing, and I laughed and told him no. Get your License first!
If he bitches, the law is here:

Chapter 140, Section 129C
No person shall sell, give away, loan or otherwise transfer a rifle or shotgun or ammunition other than (a) by operation of law, or (b) to an exempt person as hereinafter described, or (c) to a licensed dealer, or (d) to a person who displays his firearm identification card, or license to carry a pistol or revolver.

A co-worker in another commie state that is friends with the CLEO told me that it is full of people trying to get their gun licenses.

MOOOOOROOOONS.

At least people are waking up.
They are not. These are the same people that will say "I am fine with 10 round limit, I dont really need more than that and if I do, I can carry two mags" ... one year later ... "I am fine with a 5 round limit. My gun just sits in a safe, people dont go around shooting everyone like it's the wild west, it is common sense"

Those are the kind of morons trying to borrow guns and get gun licenses. The same morons that waited until after Trump got elected to find out Canada has immigration laws and wouldnt allow them in.

Just tell him to buy one on the internet. Very smart democrats have told me buying a gun is as easy as buying a book on the internet.

A couple of my friends have said if SHTF they are coming to my house because they know I have guns. Most of my friends are conservative but id say its split about 50/50 on who owns guns. The ones who don’t aren't against them, they just don't have any. With everything that’s going on though I can easily see that ratio changing. And the ones who already own guns have said its been super easy to convince their wives to let them add to their collections lately.

How does a person you don't like even know you have guns ?

Are you one of those guys that doesn't hide the fact you own guns ?
My wife's friends husband. She saw the gun safe in our house (well, one of them anyway). Must have mentioned to him at some point. Never had a conversation with either them about guns.

How does a person you don't like even know you have guns ?

Are you one of those guys that doesn't hide the fact you own guns ?

Is it a crime to share that information? Shall we gun owners live life under the radar, afraid to tell people about our...dare I say....guns?
I don’t shout it from the rooftops but I don’t hide it either. If I think I can convince a non-gun owner to take the plunge and get a license, I take it. Without doing that then gun ownership becomes even more “abnormal” than it already is and we then will start having to hide it.
What a ridiculous comment.

Really WOW, I'm surprised so many of you had the same experience.

Who's the crazy one now?!

My family got my dehydrated food as a "joke" for Christmas 2 years ago. Suckers

Tell him to call Maura. I'm sure she has an extra one for him.

Better yet have his wife ask her.

Licensed and doesn't own a gun? That's nuts lol
Yeah it is. Though my friend and his wife are licensed but have yet to buy a gun. I keep telling them that they need to but with a newborn baby, I’m sure their money is tight.

If he bitches, the law is here:

Chapter 140, Section 129C
No person shall sell, give away, loan or otherwise transfer a rifle or shotgun or ammunition other than (a) by operation of law, or (b) to an exempt person as hereinafter described, or (c) to a licensed dealer, or (d) to a person who displays his firearm identification card, or license to carry a pistol or revolver.
Thank you! He did bitch, and I told him to buy a rape whistle!
I suppose it wouldn't be a transfer, the rifle is his property, and he bought it in MA (cant remember where) at a dealer, under his FID, now long expired.
I have been storing it. I used it for the occasional metalic silhouette shoots. Big heavy bbl Single shot, with peep sights.
He can can have it back when he gets a new FID. Im hoping to encourage a license and joining the club, maybe this little pandemic will light a fire.

I have one friend that’s I truly consider my brother just from another mother. He isn’t licensed yet but if called and asked well....

Is it a crime to share that information? Shall we gun owners live life under the radar, afraid to tell people about our...dare I say....guns?
I don’t shout it from the rooftops but I don’t hide it either. If I think I can convince a non-gun owner to take the plunge and get a license, I take it. Without doing that then gun ownership becomes even more “abnormal” than it already is and we then will start having to hide it.
What a ridiculous comment.
You should think about who those people talk to. "Hey, I know this guy that lives across the street that has all these guns in his basement".

I have lost count how many times I have heard people say that.

Back
Top Bottom