Got a call to borrow a gun

Knob Creek

NES Member
My wife: 'My friend Linda called today, and her husband wants to borrow a gun from you. He says things are getting scary and he wants some protection.'
Me: 'What did you tell her'?
My wife: 'I said no'. 'Anything else you want me to tell him'?
Me: 'Yes, tell he's a dumbass and I never really liked him anyway'.

My wife: 'My friend Linda called today, and her husband wants to borrow a gun from you. He says things are getting scary and he wants some protection.'
Me: 'What did you tell her'?
My wife: 'I said no'. 'Anything else you want me to tell him'?
Me: 'Yes, tell he's a dumbass and I never really liked him anyway'.

Maybe COVID-19 has a silver lining, in making anti's and non-gun owners finally see the logic. Better yet, the few panic-applying now will truly understand how gun ownership is in fact being infringed.

Got a similar call from a long time friend who is licensed and very level headed. I'm considering it.

Any legal reasons not to do that?

Got a similar call from a long time friend who is licensed and very level headed. I'm considering it.

Not if he's licensed.....its perfectly legal.......even in Massachusetts!!! 😄

Last edited:
Tell him the gun stores are still open.

Honestly, this. Any gun that's "borrowed" has a high chance of never being returned. In Mass, a "borrowed" gun that never returns may need to be reported as stolen. In other states, you could be writing the gun off. Outside of direct family, I'd rather get another person into gun ownership by pointing them to a gun store, rather than giving them a gun.

Of course, the problem is new gun owners are going to have f*ck-all for ammo. So they're going to have guns but no way to learn how to use the gun.

Tell him the gun stores are still open.

Yes, open to those who went through weeks if not months of horseshit to get their permission slips to make a purchase at a gun store!

LOL must be a 'thing' for the households w/o guns to check in with those who have them. Mostly jokingly- friends of one of my kids offered food and medical care (both parents MD's) in return for protection. They have patched up my kids gratis a couple times so I owe them anyway. :cool:

Unless he has limited resources. I would suggest to him. That you would take him out to purchases his first firearm.

I know someone with a license. I think he actually got his before I got mine. He also has never purchased a firearm. I don't get it I already knew what my first purchase was going to be before receiving my license. Purchased it about two hours after receiving my PIN.

Last edited:

Well you're giving him a weapon to potentially use against you or others.

It's not getting that scary outside.

In the legal department the police will put you in a world of issues (and him too) if they decide to get a bug on their ass and confiscate, but heaven forbid he uses your gun in a self defense shooting- in this liberal state you're going to be looking at liability.

In layman's terms I'd write up an agreement that he'll sell it back to you by a specific date for a specific price, then sell it to him with the appropriate Mass paperwork. So, that way you're doing a legal transfer, and you have a legal agreement to get it back.

I'm not a lawyer, blah, blah, blah.

Nope. The ATF has been perfectly clear in stating that lending and borrowing guns is just fine as long as the person is legal to posses firearms. Considering he has been vetted by the state in order to be licensed your ass is well covered.

Yes, open to those who went through weeks if not months of horseshit to get their permission slips to make a purchase at a gun store!
And that's exactly the trial those in MA who heretofore whinged about other people being allowed to possess firearms should be facing. They need to experience how steep the barriers are.

I'd be tempted to ask;
"What was the plan before the coronavirus?"
"What has changed?"
"Do you think people are going to come to your house and steal toilet paper?"
"Did you not have anything worth protecting beforehand?"
"Did you ever think police response time was adequate to save your loved ones?

At least people are waking up.

At least people are waking up.

They won't though, because there's this huge portion of the population (80% even? maybe worse?) are moron phaggots that unconditionally knob polish statist authoritarian douchebaggery and rarely question it. They'd only ever question it when it was too late to do so, when they're getting herded into the train car at gunpoint.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom