• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Got a call to borrow a gun

If this friend is does not own a gun by now, he is not responsible.

If you loan a gun and he loses it or if he uses it, the gun will be traced back to you.

If that gun gets traced back to you, the police will revoke your LTC and take ALL your guns.

YOU will be defenseless for the REST of your life.
Wow, you can post a serious truthful post, I'm Impressed

My biggest issue with letting a friend or family member "borrow" a gun is not the legal or moral aspects...
It is the training and competency aspect.

You may learn in a day how to load, aim and shoot a gun "correctly", but it takes time for that individual to truly understand the safety/defense responsibilities of it.
This is of course dependent on the individual, but if they are an adult male, and have never owned/fired a firearm, it is a shit time to learn how now.

However, points (and weapons) will be given if Prior Military...
In my eyes, they've earned it.

Caveat: Shitbirds get nothing...

Last edited:
I got a call from my mother, who I would describe as a long time Mass Anti, wanting to know how to get a permit. Told her during good times it would take 2 months minimum to go through the process and that at the moment towns arent even taking new applicants

That reality was tough to swallow

I wonder if people will remember what it feels like to be afraid and not be able to exercise a right when they want it

My friend (has LTC-A) who asked me to sell to him, finally went and purchased one from dealer on south coast. There are still items to purchase, but at a hearty price no doubt.

However, points (and weapons) will be given if Prior Military...
In my eyes, they've earned it.

enbloc, sometimes even that means nothing. A lady friend that was living with me a few years ago had a grown son who served and couldn't hold a job, always called out of work. He quit a job so he could dress up and be a monster at an amusement park during Halloween. [shocked]

I was talking to the wife today. Her sister is one of those 'I don't like guns around the kids' types. I'm not holding my breath on when her husband asks for something for protection.

I have enough for 1 or 2 points of failure, but not really enough to just start lending, even to family. They live in Orleans Parish, because they wanted to live there. One of the neighborhoods the FSA rolls through on a nightly basis 'shopping'. I guess I have some deep thinking to do about it. Guy is a MD/ER, so he's worth saving, but he'll get both barrels of 'told you so' if it comes to that. Other situations, I'd tell him to move to the in-laws (right down the street), but he's got 3 petri dishes same as I do and that does not bode well for the in-laws. I don't have the room, and he's possibly exposed daily being an ER doc.

Edit: I'm not even going into the whole he has zero training aspect of it.

I wonder how much opinions may change after this.

Lots of people talking about defending themselves during this, and realizing they are way behind the curve due to the current rules.

Buddy in CA jokingly asked me to ship him a gun. Tried to get him on board years ago. He was lazy.

Insert the Nelson Ha-Ha here.

Anyone that I woulol be comfortable lending a gun to already has one.

My dad told me this morning that my aunt and uncle (Moms side) called her up wondering if me or my father could lend them a gun. They are raging anti-gunners. From what I was told my mom got a good healthy laugh after which she told them good luck.

Just goes to show, IMO, that they have no principals. It's ok for them to own a gun for self defense but not anyone else.

Im sorry, if people haven't taken steps to arm and train themselves up until now they can get f***ed. Those types of people will trade your shit to the govt or gangs for food real quick, if they didnt value protection in good times they wont value it over a can of beef ravioli when their kids are hungry. Nope, go die with the rest of them.

Plus, arming idiots, if people dont even own a gun for protection do you think they've got food? Now they're enabled with the ability to take food or drugs or whatever from others with deadly force with a tool with your name on it? Hard pass. Compassion gets good people f***ed up when its dog eat dog time, if they aint us they're them. f*** them.

Last edited:

Plus, arming idiots, if people dont even own a gun for protection do you think they've got food? Now they're enabled with the ability to take food or drugs or whatever from others with deadly force with a tool with your name on it? Hard pass. Compassion gets good people f***ed up when its dog eat dog time, if they aint us they're them. f*** them.

i would feel pretty damned bad if i lent a gun to some relative, they leave it loaded in their bedroom, and their 10 year old kid gets shot playing with it. These sort of people do not know how to handle guns, do not know how to train their kids to handle guns,

it would be like letting your ten year old kid play in your woodworking shop unsupervised for his first time....

Last edited:
I wonder how much opinions may change after this.

Lots of people talking about defending themselves during this, and realizing they are way behind the curve due to the current rules.
Unfortunately, most people will forget all about their panic. Remember how truck and large SUV sales were in the toilet after gas was $4 a gallon? They all went rushing back to them once they forgot about the financial hurt that caused.

Hopefully, if a percentage of these people remember, it will be good for us.

enbloc, sometimes even that means nothing. A lady friend that was living with me a few years ago had a grown son who served and couldn't hold a job, always called out of work. He quit a job so he could dress up and be a monster at an amusement park during Halloween. [shocked]
Yep. That's why points are awarded, but can be taken away if he's a dolt. I've worked beside them too...

I've been in a black hole for a week or two. Has there been an increase in home break-ins, robberies and looting that I missed; or some folks just panicking and asking friends and family for guns...?

Ah, I thought you meant something like "D, All of the Above"...

Im sorry, if people haven't taken steps to arm and train themselves up until now they can get f***ed...

I think there’s a big difference between someone who never thought they needed a gun, but never actively tried to take them away from others, and someone who was staunchly anti but is now hypocritically trying to get one.

I’m willing to work with the former to educate them and bring them into the fold. The latter, well they can wallow in the bureaucratic mess of constitutional infringements and restrictions they created. Maybe they’ll actually change their ways with enough aggravation and fear. Probably not though.

I wouldn’t loan a gun in times like these. I have a friend/client, last year at when we went over his renewals he asked for a recommendation for his first gun, wants a carry gun. Offered to take him shooting to try some of mine. We never got around to it. Few weeks ago going over this years renewals we had the same conversation, this time we were gonna do it... In normal times I’d have loaned him a gun or two and let him try them at the range. He called me on Monday asking where he could get a gun and what he should get. He’s a friend and a good commercial client. On Tuesday I drove over w/ a 9mm Shield I haven’t carried in over a year and probably won’t ever carry again, transferred it to him, gave him an IWB & Pocket holster, spare mags, a box of FMJ and a box of carry ammo. Told him when this blows over and he gets himself what he wants, he can transfer it back. I have no doubt he’ll probably have the gun for a while, he’s a big enough client that I can justify giving it to him. Wouldn‘t loan it for personal protection though, if something were to happen both he and I are better off if it’s transferred to him versus a loaner. And Gartman which the shop closest to us just closed for 3 weeks, 4 Seasons closed for a week. Timed it right.

Back
Top Bottom