Got a call to borrow a gun

Remember, a lot of folks don't know the laws or

Last discussion with an unlicensed idiot about how easy it is to get a gun, I offered him 200$ as a bet that he could not get a gun inside of 30 days. He took the bet and welshed on it when he could not complete the deal. He dodges me each time he sees me.

I have a group of friends that I know have my back and I have theirs.

I refer to them as my shovel friends. When my wife and I first met, she asked why I called them that.

I told her that if I ever called them and needed to bury a body, they would simply show up with shovels - no questions asked.
yeah, I have a friend down here. Single mom, works 2 jobs and is about to lose her full time job. youngest son about to turn 18 as well so there goes that child support. He's a senior in high school. If she could afford a gun she would have one. She has never asked for anything and gets upset if I buy the coffee too many times in a row. I just offered to outfit them - guns and ammo.

to be honest. i wouldn't let anybody borrowing my guns. if they did something bad with it, you are the one responsible for it. Nope never, over my dead body... I can suggest them to get pepper sprays and baseball bat.. lol
ever lend a car to someone? or a hammer? do you feel that you would be responsible if they killed someone with either of those?

I was asked if you can buy a rifle or shotgun with a Mass Driving Licence today. I can see the group on deals for licence getting busy now.

Last edited:
It leaves a bad taste in my mouth when the moochers want to borrow your property.
When I owned a pickup truck , everybody wanted me to help them move, but once I sold the pickup, you never hear from these "Friends" anymore.
Get your own weapons! I say

The last time mine was borrow, returned with a big dent. now i have to pay to fix it.

That was my wife's position when we were first married

Being willing to walk is, at times, a requirement for marital peace.

He didn't have a permit when they got married. And by the time he did, their first kid was on the way and she used that as a reason there could be none in the house.

I had my permit long before current wife and I married. She got her permit after she realized I was not giving her the combination to the safe until she got it.

When our kid came along, after she had her permit, she asked if I would be getting rid of any of the guns. I said not only no, but I might get a few more, just to leave to the kid.

She dropped it and never mentioned it again.

I have been watching this thread over last day or so. And just a few minutes ago got a call from somebody asking me if I would sell them my least favorite handgun. Person is trained and licensed so not a huge deal. I am not currently in the selling mode, if anything, I’m in the acquisition mode. Keeping everything.

He didn't have a permit when they got married. And by the time he did, their first kid was on the way and she used that as a reason there could be none in the house.

I had my permit long before current wife and I married. She got her permit after she realized I was not giving her the combination to the safe until she got it.

When our kid came along, after she had her permit, she asked if I would be getting rid of any of the guns. I said not only no, but I might get a few more, just to leave to the kid.

She dropped it and never mentioned it again.

The ladyfriend once asked me if I was going to get rid of my guns if we have kids. I told her no, then proceeded to ask her if she's ever seen any unattended guns just lying around the place, since that was her reasoning why they should go. She said no, not without me actively working on them. I told her it wouldn't be any different, and that any kids of mine would learn very early on that guns are not toys and not to touch. She got the hint and has never brought up something so stupid since.

Now she likes to make sure I have a gun on me at all times when we're out.

Question....

With regard to corona virus what level of urgently needed medical care is actually needed? If your under 60.....and don't have any major health issues your chances of needing urgent care are almost zero. Your gonna get sent home......told to drink plenty of fluids and don't go out till the symptoms are gone.
Reports indicate that in Italy, almost half of all severe cases requiring hospitalization are under 50. Your risk of death under 60 is low, but there are plenty of young people needing treatment in the hospital.

If this friend is does not own a gun by now, he is not responsible.

If you loan a gun and he loses it or if he uses it, the gun will be traced back to you.

If that gun gets traced back to you, the police will revoke your LTC and take ALL your guns.

YOU will be defenseless for the REST of your life.

If this friend is does not own a gun by now, he is not responsible.

We don't know the reasons that's a bit of a stretch to assume that someone is "not
responsible".

If you loan a gun and he loses it or if he uses it, the gun will be traced back to you.

If that gun gets traced back to you, the police will revoke your LTC and take ALL your guns.

YOU will be defenseless for the REST of your life.

Maybe nothing will happen.

Maybe some of it will, but if the action is otherwise lawful, the only other thing to fear is suitability. May be an unpopular
opinion but a lot of us around here don't care about "suitability" anymore.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVdpqt0reBg

-Mike

There are like 6 golden rules in my house that don't get broken and all of my family and inner circle know them well. Listed in order of largest offence first.

1. Don't touch my daughter, and don't tell me how to parent.
2. Don't touch my tools, and don't ask me to "borrow them"
3. Don't touch my harley, or my truck, and don't ask to "borrow" them.
4. I don't loan money to family or friends.
5. My sofa bed in the basement is only available as a place to crash to close friends or family for a one week period, once per lifetime, after that one week expect to be forcibly removed.
6. Because I'm always the guy with the fairly new F250, I only help friends and extended family move once per lifetime, and that includes partial moves and towing campers, after I've done it once, don't ask again.

guns are classified as tools to me.

[laugh2]

That was my wife's position when we were first married
Her: Get rid of them
Me: No
Her: your not going to get rid of them
Her: give them to your brother
Her: you aren't going to listen to me
9/11 occured
Her: Do you still have the guns
Me: yes

Being willing to walk is, at times, a requirement for marital peace.

Yeah, I've had that when we were out and something happened that made her realize the world we live in isn't all rainbows and sunshine. It's a magical moment the first time you hear, "Do you have your gun?" and she's happy when you say yes.

In layman's terms I'd write up an agreement that he'll sell it back to you by a specific date for a specific price, then sell it to him with the appropriate Mass paperwork. So, that way you're doing a legal transfer, and you have a legal agreement to get it back.

I'm not a lawyer, blah, blah, blah.
something like this. assuming he has an ltc

some person i peripherally know...i am not sure i would want to take on the liability of what he intends to do with said gun. If you sold him the gun outright...then all the liability transfers to him.

My wife: 'My friend Linda called today, and her husband wants to borrow a gun from you. He says things are getting scary and he wants some protection.'
Me: 'What did you tell her'?
My wife: 'I said no'. 'Anything else you want me to tell him'?
Me: 'Yes, tell he's a dumbass and I never really liked him anyway'.
Why doesn't he just use the gun show loophole?

ETA: Sorry, way late to the party here...
Tell him to go to any gun show and say that he wants to use the loophole.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom