• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Got a call to borrow a gun

My wife: 'My friend Linda called today, and her husband wants to borrow a gun from you. He says things are getting scary and he wants some protection.'
Me: 'What did you tell her'?
My wife: 'I said no'. 'Anything else you want me to tell him'?
Me: 'Yes, tell he's a dumbass and I never really liked him anyway'.

You should tell him to sign up for a class and submit his LTC application.

Got a similar call from a long time friend who is licensed and very level headed. I'm considering it.

If he went through all the BS to get his LTC, why doesn't he already own a gun or two (or 27) ???

Is it one of those deals where his wife refuses to let him keep a gun in the house ???

Is it one of those deals where his wife refuses to let him keep a gun in the house ???

My brother in law falls under that category. My wife's sister will not let him have anything in the house, so he doesn't own anything. He has not asked to borrow anything. Yet.

I'm in the process of selling a pump shotgun to a friend of mine. He's a first time gun owner. Took him to the club to give him and his wife some safety lessons and training. Using the club ffl for the transfer.......I'm ma he's NH so have to use an ffl. His nics was delayed......have to wait for the calk back. I told him next time you talk with someone that says it's too easy to buy a gun you'll have a story to tell them.

My brother in law falls under that category. My wife's sister will not let him have anything in the house, so he doesn't own anything. He has not asked to borrow anything. Yet.
That's just lame. Even if he is so dominated by his wife, he could still sneak one in and hide it from her. Jack.

I couldnt wait to get my LTC . when I turned 21, I went out right away and filled out the papers.(I hit a liquor store first,of course!) Got my first pistol a few months later.

Beta bitches being run by their wives....

I play the game about certain things with her, but when it comes to things surrounding our safety and quality of life... I am the man of the house. She came around to guns and eventually got her license. Now? She says oh my God...I'm so glad we have guns and ammo.

Beta bitches being run by their wives....

I play the game about certain things with her, but when it comes to things surrounding our safety and quality of life... I am the man of the house. She came around to guns and eventually got her license. Now? She says oh my God...I'm so glad we have guns and ammo.

I think "the wife" is a lot of what's going on here.

Got a similar call from a long time friend who is licensed and very level headed. I'm considering it.

Any legal reasons not to do that?

Find a good deal here in the classified and hook him up.
Obviously, avoid a straw purchase, but I'm sure you can think of ways to help him financially with his other obligations.

I don't see civil society breaking down over this level of severity. But people are going to be really angry when they discover they cannot get urgently needed medical care as they are accustomed. They just don't know it yet (including some people on this here forum).

I don't see civil society breaking down over this level of severity. But people are going to be really angry when they discover they cannot get urgently needed medical care as they are accustomed. They just don't know it yet (including some people on this here forum).
Question....

With regard to corona virus what level of urgently needed medical care is actually needed? If your under 60.....and don't have any major health issues your chances of needing urgent care are almost zero. Your gonna get sent home......told to drink plenty of fluids and don't go out till the symptoms are gone.

Back
Top Bottom