GOP Sens. Introduce National Reciprocity for Concealed Carry

Reptile

NES Member
Sens. John Kennedy (R-LA), Bill Hagerty (R-TN), and John Cornyn (R-TX), introduced legislation Wednesday to treat concealed carry permits like drivers’ licenses, making a permit from any one state valid in the other 49.

The Senate bill, titled the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, makes the concealed carry permit of any given state valid in other states while also preserving the specific rules that exist in each state. This means a concealed carry permit holder from Kentucky would be able to carry a gun for self-defense while traveling through Illinois but would have to adhere to Illinois’ prohibitions against carrying in certain areas.

Carrying firearms is a civil right and should be treated as such everywhere. The idea of licensing, registration, etc. is abhorrent to me. A license, or permission slip from a government authority, turns a right into a privilege, as we all know.

Setting that aside, given Article IV, section I of the Constitution, the full faith and credit clause, I see no reason why my ability to carry firearms in my home state would turn me into a felon at the crossing of a state line.

Both sides like to throw out these bills when they know it can't pass.

It makes their stupid constituents think they're trying to do something.

And many times I think, we are lucky they are spineless because the absolute choas that would ensue when one party has the Congress & prez would be ridiculous

Carrying firearms is a civil right and should be treated as such everywhere. The idea of licensing, registration, etc. is abhorrent to me. A license, or permission slip from a government authority, turns a right into a privilege, as we all know.

Setting that aside, given Article IV, section I of the Constitution, the full faith and credit clause, I see no reason why my ability to carry firearms in my home state would turn me into a felon at the crossing of a state line.
If you want to really get you britches in a twist think about the fact that you don’t own your property, you just rent it from the .gov. Don’t pay your property taxes and they’ll take it. That means we can never really be “free”. You can never get to a point, despite any efforts you make, to be free of government oversight. Happy Friday…

If you want to really get you britches in a twist think about the fact that you don’t own your property, you just rent it from the .gov. Don’t pay your property taxes and they’ll take it. That means we can never really be “free”. You can never get to a point, despite any efforts you make, to be free of government oversight. Happy Friday…

I dunno, man. Ask Whitey Bulger. He just rented instead of owning. Hid in plain sight

Back
Top Bottom