GOP-controlled US Senate holds ERPO hearings

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
In The Shadow Of Suicides, Senate Panel Makes Rare Move To Consider Gun Control
Days after three separate suicides in Parkland, Fla., and Newtown, Conn. left those communities reeling, the Senate is doing something rare for a GOP-led chamber: holding a hearing on gun control. In the previously scheduled hearing, the full Senate Judiciary Committee will bring experts to Capitol Hill Tuesday on extreme risk protection orders, commonly referred to as red flag laws.

These laws allow law enforcement, and in some states, relatives and other concerned parties, to petition judges in order to temporarily restrict access to firearms from people who may present a harm to themselves or others.

Supporters of the laws say they can save lives by removing guns from individuals who should not have them. Some states have used the laws to successfully protect individuals from suicide, at least one study shows.

Red flag laws and the consequences of good intentions
Yet as popular and sensible as these measures might sound, here is how the application of a red flag law — signed into law by a Republican governor — played out last year in Maryland:

On Nov. 5, two Anne Arundel County police officers knocked on the door of Gary J. Willis at 5:17 a.m. They were there to serve Willis with an ERPO and confiscate his guns. Willis, who had been asleep, answered the door with a gun in his hand.

The officers said Willis put the gun down, then “became irate” when they explained why they were there — and picked up the gun again. A struggle ensued, and one of the officers fatally shot Willis.

What's maddening is that republicans use our 2nd amendment rights as negotiable comprises in order to advance other agenda items. We'll give you bump stock ban, if you add 500 million to the wall.

Of course no one can Hang themselves, cut themselves or jump off a Bridge or Building, nope just a gun. These a**h***s continue to play God while actually doing NOTHING..." WE MUST DO SOMETHING "...laughter fills the room.

I’m curious as to how ERPO would have prevented these 3 suicides. Nothing I see or hear indicates any warning signs or need for preemptive action. Just more bodies to use as a pedestal...

I’m curious as to how ERPO would have prevented these 3 suicides. Nothing I see or hear indicates any warning signs or need for preemptive action. Just more bodies to use as a pedestal...

Ahhh, you miss the most basic:

Q: Do you own or have access to firearms?
A: Yes (You are now deemed irrational - all firearms and licenses are seized)
A: No (You are good, even though you hear voices and talk to your own crap)

I’ll ask again more clearly this time: Whos guns needed to be taken to prevent these suicides being used as examples?

These motherf***ers are going to try to make ERPO into a "Lautenberg II. " I can smell it now, ERPO = Prohibited Person. Bloomberg is reading this news and probably rubbing one out right now... easiest way for antis to snuff activists and criticism, oh so and so activist sounded pissed off during his speech, ERPO! etc. The whole intent is to drive gun owners and RKBA activists into hiding, lest you say something the collective doesn't like and triggers an ERPO. Even the fact that it might eventually be ruled unconstitutional in some way matters little, the long term damage will be incredible. And the f***ers at the NRA will probably help them rubber stamp it in exchange for some meaningless bullshit like another attempt at another national reciprocity bill that will never pass.

-Mike

These motherf***ers are going to try to make ERPO into a "Lautenberg II. " I can smell it now, ERPO = Prohibited Person. Bloomberg is reading this news and probably rubbing one out right now... easiest way for antis to snuff activists and criticism, oh so and so activist sounded pissed off during his speech, ERPO! etc. The whole intent is to drive gun owners and RKBA activists into hiding, lest you say something the collective doesn't like and triggers an ERPO. Even the fact that it might eventually be ruled unconstitutional in some way matters little, the long term damage will be incredible. And the f***ers at the NRA will probably help them rubber stamp it in exchange for some meaningless bullshit like another attempt at another national reciprocity bill that will never pass.

-Mike

The NRA was already nice enough to give them cover for it.
This might end up making the AWB look like a walk in the park for gun owners.

The NRA was already nice enough to give them cover for it.
This might end up making the AWB look like a walk in the park for gun owners.

The various gun bans are awful but they are a different sort of problem.

The problem with stuff like ERPO is it penetrates the entire fabric of lawful gun ownership without due process. Then you have a system where anyone can disarm a lawful gun owner by making shit up. Then you have a system that effectively deters gun culture, people even TALKING about lawfully owning guns,
etc. Then you have a system where you write something the .gov doesn't like and if the local kopsch read it, they can come and disarm you because they don't like
your opinion, etc... "cuz safety".

-Mike

Does anyone know how these hearings went today and what might happen next??

Right now its just playing lip service to gun control, unless someone drafts a bill or there is one in motion...

I'm not sure what kind of intense f***ery shithead is alluding to here, though...

"I think passing a federal law is probably beyond what the market will bear. But creating an incentive at the federal level for states who want to go down this road...I think that's the best way, at least initially to solve this problem," Graham said.

An incentive? like what, bribing the states with money? Or they talking about something like modifying NICS to accomodate ERPO flags tripped by one state or another?

-Mike

AWB = people getting hosed at election time.

The HUGE DANGER with ERPO is a bunch of jingoservative douchebags probably think it's "just fine". That's the danger with that thing, bunch of f***ing clueless nippleheads in this country will suck for that horseshit. [angry]

-Mike

AWB = people getting hosed at election time.

The HUGE DANGER with ERPO is a bunch of jingoservative douchebags probably think it's "just fine". That's the danger with that thing, bunch of f***ing clueless nippleheads in this country will suck for that horseshit. [angry]

-Mike

I have heard from other gun people that the ERPO thing isn't a real problem. "It requires them to put things in writing, under oath. Nobody would risk that because then they will get prosecuted if they falsely accuse someone" It's nonsense and doesn't happen in reality but people believe. They think that there will be real due process (There doesn't seem to ever be) they actually believe that there will be a hearing before taking guns away (Hearing seems to be afterwards) and they also think you will be allowed to defend yourself first (Pretty sure I saw something here that said the person got notice of the hearing a day or two before the hearing happened which wouldn't even give time to get a lawyer involved and up to speed.)

I have heard from other gun people that the ERPO thing isn't a real problem. "It requires them to put things in writing, under oath. Nobody would risk that because then they will get prosecuted if they falsely accuse someone" It's nonsense and doesn't happen in reality but people believe. They think that there will be real due process (There doesn't seem to ever be) they actually believe that there will be a hearing before taking guns away (Hearing seems to be afterwards) and they also think you will be allowed to defend yourself first (Pretty sure I saw something here that said the person got notice of the hearing a day or two before the hearing happened which wouldn't even give time to get a lawyer involved and up to speed.)

Yup.... Next time you talk to one of those morons ask them if the ERPO process in any state gives the person a trial by jury option. The silence will be deafening.

There are hearings, all the time, but I'm guessing its no different than a restraining order hearing, which is mostly just a circus and then some mumbling and then
a gavel getting smashed and the order getting punted out another X months or a year until the judge you happen to get just gets sick of renewing it.

-Mike

Ask him if the f*cking nutbag in MD who got her brother in law executed by filing a fake EROP got charged yet?
Ask him how many women have been prosecuted for filing bulls*it RO's .
If he guesses higher than zero ask him how long has it been since he trained his ass to talk.

And like restraining order its regularly used as a bargaining chip/strategy in divorces with no basis of evidence to support it.....and the state never follow up on/prosecutes any of the people who make false reports/statements and violate peoples rights in doing so

When my sister was getting her divorce the first lawyer she hired badgered the shit out of her to file a fake RO claiming there was abuse and she was afraid of him.
She finally got tired of it and fired the twat.

DiFi has probably had to change her depends every hour the last couple days because she's so excited......

Now.....this doesnt mean that Mitch will allow it to come to the floor.......he knows he will lose a lot of elections in 2020 if he does......and the GOP has more seats to defend in 2020 than the dems do.......

Note: Graham is up for re-election and it looks like he wants to play with fire.....

Also looks like he has a primary challenger all of us should get behind....

Lindsey Graham Challengers Line Up for South Carolina GOP Primary

U.S. Senate Seats up for Reelection in 2020 - Worldpress.org

Below are the 34 Senate seats up for reelection in 2020 in alphabetical order by political party and state.

Democrats up for reelection in 2020:

Alabama: Doug Jones (Running) Current age: 64

Delaware: Chris Coons (Running) Current age: 54

Illinois: Dick Durbin (Intent unknown) Current age: 73

Massachusetts: Ed Markey (Running) Current age: 71

Michigan: Gary Peters (Intent unknown) Current age: 59

Minnesota: Tina Smith (Running) Current age: 60

New Hampshire: Jeanne Shaheen (Intent unknown) Current age: 71

New Jersey: Cory Booker (Running) Current age: 48

New Mexico: Tom Udall (Running) Current age: 69

Oregon: Jeff Merkley (Intent unknown) Current age: 61

Rhode Island: Jack Reed (Intent unknown) Current age: 68

Virginia: Mark Warner (Intent unknown) Current age: 63

Republicans up for reelection in 2020:

Alaska: Dan Sullivan (Intent unknown) Current age: 53

Arizona: Martha McSally (Intent unknown) Current age: 52

Arkansas: Tom Cotton (Running) Current age: 40

Colorado: Cory Gardner (Intent unknown) Current age: 43

Georgia: David Perdue (Running) Current age: 68

Idaho: John Risch (Intent unknown) Current age: 74

Iowa: Joni Ernst (Running) Current age: 47

Kansas: Pat Roberts (Retiring) Current age: 81

Kentucky: Mitch McConnell (Running) Current age: 75

Louisiana: Bill Cassidy (Intent unknown) Current age: 60

Maine: Susan Collins (Intent unknown) Current age: 66

Mississippi: Cindy Hyde-Smith (Intent unknown) Current age: 59

Montana: Steve Daines (Intent unknown) Current age: 55

Nebraska: Ben Sasse (Intent unknown) Current age: 45

North Carolina: Thom Tillis (Running) Current age: 57

Oklahoma: Jim Inhofe (Intent unknown) Current age: 83

South Carolina: Lindsey Graham (Running) Current age: 63

South Dakota: Mike Rounds (Intent unknown) Current age: 63

Tennessee: Lamar Alexander (Retiring) Current age: 77

Texas: John Cornyn (Running) Current age: 65

West Virginia: Shelley Moore Capito (Intent unknown) Current age: 64

Wyoming: Mike Enzi (Intent unknown) Current age: 73
In addition to Graham-nasty I know at the very least that Tillis from NC is also on board with ERPOs based on an alert from an NC gun rights organization I received recently. I wouldn’t trust McSally as far as I could throw her, and I’m CERTAIN Collins would screw gun owners based on the fact she COSPONSORED no fly/no buy legislation along with Kelly Ayotte just before the 2016 elections.

Everyone just needs to understand ALL of these people hate us, regardless of whether they have a D or an R after their names. The ONLY difference between the two is that the Ds are more honest about hating us. That’s all.

Politicians of both parties don't want the people to have guns since their concern is their safety not public safety and we can't have the peasants having a say in what our masters have decided what is best for us, now can we.

Where do Rand Paul and Dan Crenshaw stand on this?

Who is actually ON OUR SIDE here? How do we increase that?

Just saying.

Ask him if the f*cking nutbag in MD who got her brother in law executed by filing a fake EROP got charged yet?
Ask him how many women have been prosecuted for filing bulls*it RO's .
If he guesses higher than zero ask him how long has it been since he trained his ass to talk.

Personally I think the uncle in Middlebury, VT who got his guns ERPOed because jizzwad nephew said he could steal them is a far better example. Don’t worry though the uncle ended up being granted visitation rights. A friend is holding them and with notice he can fondle them any time he likes...

You're right about the pedestal part, but that's only half the reasoning.

The other half is this f***ed up reasoning:

If we'd had ERPO available in the past, the bad people wouldn't have done the bad things, and therefore the parents of the kids killed wouldn't have been depressed, and therefore they wouldn't have killed themselves.

Do you have a link to that? Or is this this the one who "got agitated" when the cops showed up to steal his stuff, so they killed him.

When my sister was getting her divorce the first lawyer she hired badgered the shit out of her to file a fake RO claiming there was abuse and she was afraid of him.
She finally got tired of it and fired the twat.

This can't be overstated enough. It happened to me twice and I have never raised a hand in anger to any woman I've ever been in a relationship with. It might as well be SOP for divorce lawyers with female clients regardless of facts. Women are victims by virtue of their gender and must always be believed in our current idiocracy. If ERPOs pass on a federal level they will go hand in hand with bogus protective orders.

Word of advice for anyone just starting down the road of separation/divorce. Find a trustworthy friend or family member that lives out of state (preferably a gun friendly state) and transfer them your gun collection for the duration of the nightmare. Even if your SO is even hinting around that she wants out. Because when the cops show up at your door with a restraining order in hand, it will probably be too late.

Last edited:
Do you have a link to that? Or is this this the one who "got agitated" when the cops showed up to steal his stuff, so they killed him.

Yeah see that is the problem. If you get some vindictive ERPO pulled on you and you go full retard or maybe figure this is your “Go Time” but go down in flames then they all are just going to be all like see how right we were this killer was clearly gonna kill so we killed him. High fives all around...

The real trick will be in getting into a Ruby Ridge or Waco scenario where the lies will eventually see the light of day.

Where do Rand Paul and Dan Crenshaw stand on this?
Who is actually ON OUR SIDE here? How do we increase that?

Just saying.

FWIW GOA is doing their best to pressure Senate Republicans to go on record as to whether or not they support ERPOs. They sent me an alert with a pre-written email to Mitch “the squish”, warning him that there will be an effort to primary him and any other senate republican who votes or advances this crap. I also sent an email to our two D wastes of space that misrepresent is in the senate here in MA, though I know that’s 10 minutes of my time I’ll never get back...[banghead][banghead][banghead]

Back
Top Bottom