• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Google Maps pinned every FFL in New England how to remove?

Is this Google trolling me? Every FFL in New England got pinned in Google maps on my S22 and for the life of me can't figure out how to unpin this shit. Ever happen to anyone else?

Screenshot_20221027-182824_Maps.jpg

Is this Google trolling me? Every FFL in New England got pinned in Google maps on my S22 and for the life of me can't figure out how to unpin this shit. Ever happen to anyone else?

View attachment 678868
It happened to me as well when I opened that map.

I like it and it is not annoying.

I am sure if you Google "how to unpin locations in Google maps" you will get a solution. And it is easier than asking on NES.

what's a "Pin"? Personal Identification Number?

And how did you get there? Just enter "New England Gun Stores" in the GOOGLE search string...? or are you an FFL?

what's a "Pin"? Personal Identification Number?

It's just location terms. Mainly with google maps.

As in send me a pin. Meaning I want you to shoot me a quick location of where you're at.

I don't use it, but I've seen/heard it used plenty of times.

It's just location terms. Mainly with google maps.

As in send me a pin. Meaning I want you to shoot me a quick location of where you're at.

I don't use it, but I've seen/heard it used plenty of times.
Oh. I always call those things "tags"... thanks

PS: I thought the OP was saying he is an FFL, and was having his location shown and wanted to keep it private...

To the OP: you're displaying a custom map. It will stay on until you explicitly turn it off.

Click on the layers button (top right), scroll to the bottom, and you'll likely see something with a label like "NE FFLs" in the Explore section. Click on it, and it will remove the custom layer. I use this feature all the time in NH to find nearby gravel roads to drive. Knowing where to find the nearest FFL also sounds nice, although more expensive than gravel roads.

1667009622136.png 1667009706307.png

To the OP: you're displaying a custom map. It will stay on until you explicitly turn it off.

Click on the layers button (top right), scroll to the bottom, and you'll likely see something with a label like "NE FFLs" in the Explore section. Click on it, and it will remove the custom layer. I use this feature all the time in NH to find nearby gravel roads to drive. Knowing where to find the nearest FFL also sounds nice, although more expensive than gravel roads.

View attachment 679369 View attachment 679370
That was it. Thanks for the actual helpful contribution!

View attachment 679369 View attachment 679370
how do I get that class 6 road map for NH, I'm looking for property and hoping to find something off the beaten path

Last edited:
Odd that it showed none in Concord. I’m within a mile of at least 4
That list is crowd sourced. It's from a thread that's stickied in GD. If they're missing some, I'm sure the user who built the map would appreciate your pointing them out to him.
(That said, he hasn't been on in a month, so don't expect fast updates)

Back
Top Bottom