• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Google glass may actually help the gun community.

Last edited:
I don't see that helping shooting community. Should help a letter agency not even have to look you in eyes when they kill you though.

Seems more likely it'll be used with facial recognition software to ID whoever the user wants. Filter by: gun owners, convicted criminals, political affiliation, etc.

I don't see that helping shooting community. Should help a letter agency not even have to look you in eyes when they kill you though.

This. It will help the short guy in the back of the stack GITSOME! while the rest of the team is piled on top of itself trying to get the kill shot.

Is this common to get eye strain with them? All I want to do is record video (for those DUI checkpoints, or to post FPV of me shootimg at range on FB to scare the sheeple, etc.) with them, not try to read anything output on the glass. Would that still cause eye strain?

Worst 1600 I've ever spent. I returned them them 2 weeks. They strained the hell out of my right eye. Didn't do anything that great and iPhone integration sucked. Not to mention the migrains.

Ditto. It's a solution looking for a problem and the display system is terrible. The interface is extremely limited. The restrictions on use make it a losing proposition. On the plus side I sold them to a guy in Europe for $500 more than I paid.

Sh!t, you actually bought one? I didnt think anyone actually bought those! [wink]

The consumer version hasn't been released yet (currently scheduled for later this year). The beta/developer version is available (in limited supply) though up until very recently, Google has kept a tight leash on who can obtain them.

Worst 1600 I've ever spent. I returned them them 2 weeks. They strained the hell out of my right eye. Didn't do anything that great and iPhone integration sucked. Not to mention the migrains.

Google + apple always spell trouble.

You need IGlass for close integration. [wink]

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Back
Top Bottom