1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Google fined $5bn by EU anti-trust regulators

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by endus, Jul 18, 2018.

1. endus

endus

What's Behind Googles Enormous $5 Billion Fine from the EU

2. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

That is all they did? Just don't use the apps, and include your own along with googles apps. I clicked on this expecting it to involve the many things people typically hate Google for. I'm disappointed

3. Mountain

Mountain NES Member

European Commission regulators are scummy, corrupt pirates that extort billions from companies with practices they question. Apparently the law is irrelevant, or at least fuzzy enough for them to bilk companies of their hard earned cash. Perhaps Google can be guilty of bundling, but a $5B fine is insane by any other measure within reality. I can't comment further but I have direct knowledge of these shady EC practices.

4. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

well...no amazon prime for them!!!

5. hminsky

hminsky NES Life Member NES Member

Android is being given away for free. Nobody is forced to take it. And It's not like Windows either, it is open source. Anyone can take the code base and fork it. This is just the Europeans shaking down the guy with the biggest wallet, nothing more. Google bought Android and put a lot of effort into developing it. But it's just a copy of iOS functionality. If they can copy Apple, anyone else can too, especially because they can start with a copy of working freaking SOURCE CODE IS WHICH IS FREE AND UNENCUMBERED.