Goodbye my friend

thesyguy

NES Member
This morning I said goodbye to my little buddy Luigi. For fourteen years he was my best friend and shadow. Cancer made his last few months difficult and I could not let him suffer any longer. It is truly amazing how the loss of your dog can turn even the toughest of us into blubbering idiots when they are gone.
9E56EA0C-DE87-41DF-906B-5B770F941CF4.jpeg

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

So sorry for your loss.

My two clowns are downstairs lying on a blanked on the floor of my wife's office. A couple of minutes ago they were in my office lying by my feet. They're family.

Sorry to hear. Italian Greyhound? I have a 14 year old IG laying in the sun in the other room right now. He's got a big old growth on his throat that's slowly killing him, as predicted by the vet 5+ years ago. Getting worse by the week. Not looking forward to the day.

Sad. I'm still seeing our Cocker here and there in the house where she used to lie, but it's just one of the cats. She passed a month ago.

Sorry to hear. Italian Greyhound? I have a 14 year old IG laying in the sun in the other room right now. He's got a big old growth on his throat that's slowly killing him, as predicted by the vet 5+ years ago. Getting worse by the week. Not looking forward to the day.
Yes sir. He was an IG. Same as with your IG, Luigi developed the tumor about a year ago. Oncologist said that at his age the best course was to make him as comfortable as possible and love him for as long as we could. That’s exactly what we did and I don’t regret it.

I am very sorry for your loss and commend you for doing the right thing.
I understand what you mean by being a blubbering mess after. When I was in your shoes I never cried so hard once the vet said she was gone. They do not call them MANS’ best friend for nothing.
Take the time to grieve and know while this wound hurts it does get better.

Back
Top Bottom