• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

good winter project that I need help with.

N.E. CHARTERS

Banned
Here is a good winter project that I need help with. I am alergic to the wood and glues and fiberglass so I can not do this myself.

I need a new One Piece foam core plywood/fiberglass floor for my 17 ft Zodiac boat. Fairly simple design. Also a plywood/fiberglass motor mount box.

Need Woodworking in exchange for Fishing trips for Freshwater & Saltwater.

Also Sea Duck hunting!

The object is to replace the multi 6 piece plwood floor wich is made to be removed so the boat can be rolled up for travel/storage with a One piece foam core, fiberglass cloth over plywood floor that does not flex when the boat is going over waves. The fininshed floor would be about 15 ft long by 4 feet wide.

Currently the floorboards just lay in the boat and snap together with Alum brackets. Then when you inflate it all the way everything snugs up. The one piece floor would just drop into the boat and then inflate it to snug.

A skeleton framework of 1 in thick pressure treated with 1/2 pt plywood glued and screwed on the top and the bottom would be light and strong. Foam would be inserted like a sandwich between the to pieces of plywood and frames. most of this stuff can come from home depot. I have 4 gallons of fberglass resin but this should only take maybe 1 gallon. I would have to pickup some fiberglass cloth in Portsmouth at the fishing supply.

Capt Walt

zodiac_108.JPG

Back
Top Bottom