• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good Video: ATF: 'Is it a rifle, pistol, shotgun, or felony?'

It just goes to show the total absurdity of gun laws. My wife was watching this over my shoulder and she, who doesn't follow gun laws asked me how I know I'm legal. I told her today I'm pretty sure I am, but who knows what tomorrow holds.

Connecticut passed sandy hook assault gun laws after a closed door emergency overnight meeting and people estimate anywhere between 100-250K people didn't register their weapons of war. Quarter million dangerous armed felons roaming Connecticuck and not locked up.

Connecticut passed sandy hook assault gun laws after a closed door emergency overnight meeting and people estimate anywhere between 100-250K people didn't register their weapons of war. Quarter million dangerous armed felons roaming Connecticuck and not locked up.
All it would take is for the police to show up at the unregistered gun owner's home after a domestic dispute or the kid acts up and makes threats at school. No way are the cops going to pass up a felony weapons arrest.

All it would take is for the police to show up at the unregistered gun owner's home after a domestic dispute or the kid acts up and makes threats at school. No way are the cops going to pass up a felony weapons arrest.

I believe that you are unfortunately correct.

It's not that they're going to come hunt down my friends who might have undeclared "assault weapons" or "high capacity magazines" - it's that they might get discovered secondarily to another issue.

I had lots of conversations with my friends when that law was announced, prior to it taking effect. My first reaction was to go buy a couple of ARs - because I didn't have any. And after a lot of consideration, I declared them. Which means that the state of CT knows that I have, (or had), them. In my case they already knew, because I bought them from FFLs, so 4473 and DPS-3 forms were filed.

I believe that you are unfortunately correct.

It's not that they're going to come hunt down my friends who might have undeclared "assault weapons" or "high capacity magazines" - it's that they might get discovered secondarily to another issue.

I had lots of conversations with my friends when that law was announced, prior to it taking effect. My first reaction was to go buy a couple of ARs - because I didn't have any. And after a lot of consideration, I declared them. Which means that the state of CT knows that I have, (or had), them. In my case they already knew, because I bought them from FFLs, so 4473 and DPS-3 forms were filed.

When I took my pistol permit course the instructors were talking about what happened around the time those law(s) went into effect. CT announced in October that the law would go into effect in January of the next year (3 months later).

For 3 months all anyone bought was whatever was about to be outlawed, having the complete opposite effect of what the "ban" would do anyway. They just drove everyone to get off the fence and buy as many ARs as they could.

I find the 10 round limit more annoying, though.

This is true , but pushing it might result in the Supremes at some point slapping it down.
Which is why most states that pass these crap laws haven't gone hog wild going after people.
The fear factor is what they are counting on.

The Rifle (14" w/ pinned muzzle device) vs SBR (14" w/ removable muzzle device) was gold [laugh]
Not even the ATF themselves can explain that one.

I'm at the point where I can no longer keep up with the interpretations of the changing laws. seems like there's about to be two types of people in the US ......

those illegally in possession of a firearm, those without one.

then you got the government. they have f16's .... biden said so.

That diagram is actually accurate to the best of my knowledge.

FOR THOSE OF YOU IN CT:
You can't buy a post-ban "assault weapon";
but you can buy a pre-ban, (pre-1994), "assault weapon". Costs dearly, but it's legal in CT.

*** AND *** CT left the ability to purchase "ANY OTHER WEAPONS" - they're NOT covered by the legislation.
So, if you want your basic AR, go buy one - it has to have a vertical foregrip - and it's sold/registered/4473'd as an AOW.
They're openly advertised and sold by gunshops in CT.
Be aware that this firearm is legal to posess in CT, but may or may not be legal in other states.

Back
Top Bottom