• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good until he apologized

Everytime I see contact in soccer the player goes down like he's been shot, rolls around in pain, looks for a call, gets none, pops back to his feet and continues playing. Not my idea of a Man's sport.

derek said:
Everytime I see contact in soccer the player goes down like he's been shot, rolls around in pain, looks for a call, gets none, pops back to his feet and continues playing. Not my idea of a Man's sport.

The true Man's Sport -- war!

I would have to disagree. Yes, there are a ton of those snotty French-Canadiens who are dirty players, but what about someone like Ray Bourque? I mean, he was a French-Canadien NHLer and didn't see him give cheap shot after cheap shot. Mario? I know its the exception and not the rule, but I don't want to lump Ray in that group of goons.

derek said:

I pride myself.

18 months, only had one foul called on me (illegal shoulder charge, Germans are sticky on those).

Took a lot of other players out of the game with injured ankles, too. C Class didn't roll around and cry, only the national League pukes (Bundes) did that.

We can name exceptions to the rule all day long. I grew up playing hockey in Northern Minnesota, when we played french canadian teams it was the same. Crying and sucker punching, and when the gloves dropped, only we dropped the gloves. They would skate to the box.

Not all, but most french canadian hockey players are pussies.

I don't even like to get going on hockey. When I do, I end up sounding like the guy in American Grafiti who complains "Music's gone down hill every since Buddy Holly died."

Gump Worsley, Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, Phil Esposito, Bernie Geoffrion, Maurice & Henri Richard, Gordie Howe, Terry Sawchuk, Bobby Hull, Derek Sanderson and that new kid that the Bruins signed, Bobby Orr. That was hockey.

Then the league expanded to what seems have been more teams than there were real fans to support it. In what might have been an attempt to gain revenues, the whole thing seems to have become a wholely owned subsidiary of Vince McMahon and the WWF. [cry]

Ken

Back
Top Bottom