Good Two Stage trigger for ARs?

The Geissele is the best I've tried. I wish I bought one instead of the Jard.

They're expensive but they're worth it.

I have an RRA two stage that came with my rifle kit, I am fairly pleased with it, I have had it sorta stick a couple times when I release it. I'll let off and it well kinda click back instead of easing back out but never had any trouble with the trigger pull. I would bet a different aftermarket would be better but for the money I spent the RRA was a pretty good deal.

The Timeny are nice, but I don't think they match up to the others (Jard and Geissle). I like mine. It's pretty crisp without too much over travel, but it has a tiny bit of creep. It is WAY better than a standard AR trigger though.

Also, they are not 2 stage if that's what you want.

Never even heard of it. Is Geissele the model of it or the actual name of the company who makes it? How much ball park figure?

Only trigger I will use in an AR.

http://www.geissele.com/

$279, they have an SSA model that is about $100 cheaper but I've never used the cheaper model so I can't comment on it.

I have a RRA Two Stage Trigger in my Highpower AR that I bought from Whiteoak Precision. It's probably one of, if not the best trigger I have on any of my firearms. Never had a problem with it, very crisp and resets properly every time.

I just had a two stage trigger installed by Bushmaster along with some other stuff. It is two stage and breaks at 2 3/4 lbs..... I think they charge 127.50 installed.....

If you want the best, spring for the Geissele. If money is tight, get the Rock River.
Don't bother with anything else.

+1 for the RRA 2 stage. I bought an LPK with one in it from First Defense to go in the last lower buy and am VERY pleased. Nite and day to a stock trigger. Cost in the kit on sale was about $150 IIRC

A lot of people just lately are putting the X-Treme trigger (http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/index.php) up against the Geissele. Roughly the same money. Both are really good.
I know the owner of X-Treme Shooting products.

Tom Myers is not only an expert machinist and toolmaker, he owns and runs an incredible EDM/CNC machine shop in the Cincinnati suburbs with many automotive and aerospace clients.

In addition, Tom is an outstanding rifleman in every disciplne that he competes. He is a Distinguished Rifleman as well as an NRA High Master in Highpower Rifle, Mid Range Prone, and Long Range Prone. He knows what a good trigger should work like and he knows how to make it happen.

The fact that none other than Robert Chombart has agreed to allow Tom to manufacture his CG triggers in the US is all the endorsement anyone should need about the quality of Tom's products.

I would buy anything Tom makes knowing that it will be right. And in the off chance that it isn't, I know Tom will make it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom