• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good solution for cheek rest on AR15 skeleton stock

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
I have an AR15 with an Ace ARFX skeleton stock, and a scope mounted on the fixed carry handle. I was looking all over for a cheek rest which would bring my eye in line with the scope, was easily removable, and fit on the tube stock.

Someone on AR15.com gave me a pointer to this https://www.dsarms.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CR140A

CR140A.gif

It works great on the ARFX stock, and can be mounted far back enough to clear the charging handle.

IMG_5509.JPG

IMG_5511.JPG

My low-tech AR cheekrest: A eight-inch chunk of 3/4" black pipe insulation. The kind you can find in any hardware store. Open the slit and stick it on the stock. Works well.

My low-tech AR cheekrest: A eight-inch chunk of 3/4" black pipe insulation. The kind you can find in any hardware store. Open the slit and stick it on the stock. Works well.

Oh, that would have saved me $20 I bet.

I did the same thing on my 10/22 folding stock. That bare steel gets pretty cold in cool weather shooting. All I had to do to make it fit when closed was shave a small layer off of the inside with a retractable long blade utility knife so one side was flat.
if only I could come up with a fix like that for my Kel Tec Sub2000. The bolt handle is in the stock so it needs a 1/2" section of room for most of the length of the tubular stock with no interference.

Back
Top Bottom