• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good Samaritan interrupts robbery; Alleged bandit killed

Samaritan entered the business from the outside and engaged the suspects. He was not charged. Surprise?

The Good Samaritan, who was outside the business but was associated with one of the victims, witnessed the robbery and got a gun out of his vehicle to try to stop the robbery, police said.Fearing for his safety when he entered the business, the Good Samaritan shot both suspects, who fled and were later taken to a hospital for treatment, according to police.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/good-samaritan-interupts-robbery-alleged-bandit-ki/nSWM4/

You and your Ouija board do not actually know that.[rofl2]
You are right, I don't know that and I hope the Samaritan doesn't have any charges pressed against him. However, California is pretty messed up and I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy charged with something.

article says they dont plan on any charges etc..but guess you cant believe everything you read

This is the thing about Cali. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. MA is far worse on this point.
Unfortunately, CA is a big place, so it has room for everyone from loon to good-guy on the spectrum - clearly there were good-guys on the job there with that one.

MA seems to have distilled its lunatic through repeated straining now to the point that we have weaponized liberalism inside 128. [laugh]

Unfortunately, CA is a big place, so it has room for everyone from loon to good-guy on the spectrum - clearly there were good-guys on the job there with that one.

MA seems to have distilled its lunatic through repeated straining now to the point that we have weaponized liberalism inside 128. [laugh]

It's not just that. The anti-gun crowd there doesn't have traction on self-defense issues. CA is odd. This is why I am so ticked that these film makers are placing CA at the center of the gun control universe and making CA the front line. CA is the front line on gun control like NYC is the front line in the "global war on terror". We look at their AWB and think OMG, OMG but in reality, pull that out of the mix and it is not terrible by any means.

It's not just that. The anti-gun crowd there doesn't have traction on self-defense issues. CA is odd. This is why I am so ticked that these film makers are placing CA at the center of the gun control universe and making CA the front line. CA is the front line on gun control like NYC is the front line in the "global war on terror". We look at their AWB and think OMG, OMG but in reality, pull that out of the mix and it is not terrible by any means.
Agreed.

I think part of the difference is just that even if they had the same small proportion of gun owners (they have a higher proportion, but even if it was as small....) the total number of them adds up to a critical mass as a "minority" and is able to influence politics both as a function of the ability to put money together as well as warm bodies.

As I mentioned though, having lived there, the liberal meccas and the rest of the state range from different to polar opposites in terms of politics (gun or otherwise).

Licensing in MA to even own is part of the "weaponized liberalism" in MA. It has been tremendously effective in thinning our ranks and silencing dissent.

San Bernadino county is about as big as all of MA size wise. If my aged memory serves me correctly, the LA basin has over twice the population of MA. The bay area (San Francisco and it environs) is enormous population wise. Most of the really lunatic stuff we hear stems from San Francisco proper, home of their really nutty bunch, with some satellite operations in a few other locales.

edit: the bay area has a population approx equal to that of MA.

I used to travel CA extensively, overall, I found them to be really nice people. They are pretty much like everyone else in this country, being controlled by urban population centers with weird ideas of how things should be everywhere else.

Agreed.

I think part of the difference is just that even if they had the same small proportion of gun owners (they have a higher proportion, but even if it was as small....) the total number of them adds up to a critical mass as a "minority" and is able to influence politics both as a function of the ability to put money together as well as warm bodies.

As I mentioned though, having lived there, the liberal meccas and the rest of the state range from different to polar opposites in terms of politics (gun or otherwise).

Licensing in MA to even own is part of the "weaponized liberalism" in MA. It has been tremendously effective in thinning our ranks and silencing dissent.

That last sentence of yours is right on point!!!! When I moved here, I could not believe it. They are so bold as to openly practice discrimination, even codify it in law.

This is the thing about Cali. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. MA is far worse on this point.

This. They don't necessarily encourage self-help, but they don't have a blanket policy that requires anyone involved in a shooting to be treated like a criminal.

I've spent time in both places, and MA is far, far worse.

San Bernadino county is about as big as all of MA size wise. If my aged memory serves me correctly, the LA basin has over twice the population of MA. The bay area (San Francisco and it environs) is enormous population wise. Most of the really lunatic stuff we hear stems from San Francisco proper, home of their really nutty bunch, with some satellite operations in a few other locales.

edit: the bay area has a population approx equal to that of MA.

I used to travel CA extensively, overall, I found them to be really nice people. They are pretty much like everyone else in this country, being controlled by urban population centers with weird ideas of how things should be everywhere else.

This is in line with cekim's point. CA is large and diverse. MA is not. MA is one of those metro areas like San Bernadino or the San Jose valley. Hence we have very little to counterbalance the stupidity. Our agriculture here is almost non existent and largely conforms to the liberal notion of "eat local" and to some extent "organic" outside of the cranberry crops. People retire to family farms in MA or the family farms serve niche markets where in CA it's a career and an export. In CA they still have *real* agriculture where entire towns depend on the agriculture business to survive.

This is in line with cekim's point. CA is large and diverse. MA is not. MA is one of those metro areas like San Bernadino or the San Jose valley. Hence we have very little to counterbalance the stupidity. Our agriculture here is almost non existent and largely conforms to the liberal notion of "eat local" and to some extent "organic" outside of the cranberry crops. People retire to family farms in MA or the family farms serve niche markets where in CA it's a career and an export. In CA they still have *real* agriculture where entire towns depend on the agriculture business to survive.

Hmmm, not quite sure I totally agree with your assessment of CA? My travels to CA involved interaction with their industrial base which I can only describe as awesome (coming from the midwest, I do have a point of reference). As you mentioned, they also have a huge agricultural base mostly in the central valley. You are correct in that entire cities revolve around that base, but those are not cities like SF or LA.

CA would probably continue to do very well even with a reduction in the agricultural base (though the rest of us would be wondering what to eat very quickly). MA on the other hand has always seemed to have a problem keeping an industrial base even though many were pioneered here over the years. Some that come to mind are: Cloth, shoes, precision machining, computers, lasers. I have not studied why that has happened, so I make no comment as to the cause. Some of it obviously has to do with stupid government policies in the last 40 years or so.

Interestingly, CA has lost about 3M in population in the last 10 years. Mostly to areas like Texas, which is good at attracting industrial businesses. My guess is that places like MA have several things going against them, like cost of living, climate, taxes, and stupid politicians.

I was not saying CA ONLY has agribusiness to the exclusion of manufacturing. I was just trying to illustrate that it has a significant cultural counterbalance to whatever is happening in SF and LA.

I was not saying CA ONLY has agribusiness to the exclusion of manufacturing. I was just trying to illustrate that it has a significant cultural counterbalance to whatever is happening in SF and LA.

Gotchya! I was having a difficult time figuring out what you were saying. Age. It does terrible things.

As someone else pointed out, I was pretty annoyed at the idea of centering a film around CA gun laws. They ain't seen nuttin', compared to this state.

You and your Ouija board do not actually know that.[rofl2]

You never know but we shall see, Since they are as just as F'ed up as this commie state. They will try to say that he should have called the police instead of going in ARMED AS AN AGGRESSOR!!

Charles.

Back
Top Bottom