• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good rifle case to ship a gun in

Hi yall I will be shipping a gun from Texas to Massachusetts soon. Im not sure what brand of case to get to ship the rifle in and wanted so input from yall.

Being from Texas I have never had to have a gun shipped so I have never had any real high dollar cases before so an advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

I ship in a cardboard box lined with foam or bubble wrap. Several rifle companies use them as well. Dont know where to buy them as mine came with rifles.

It's a scoped rifle so I don't think I'm going to be doing that. Especially with a thousand dollar scope.

Nick

Many C&R distributors ship high end surplus rifles in the hard plastic Doskosport cases. There are a few models made for one scoped rifle. They're not super duty but should withstand shipping from Texas to Massachusetts.
I've bought from a few people who only ship in these and while they charge $15 to $20 extra for the case and secure shipping. It gives me a nice pile of cases that I store in the attic in case I ever need to transport a large number of rifles or ship something vaulable.
Plus you can always insure for the amount.

Many C&R distributors ship high end surplus rifles in the hard plastic Doskosport cases. There are a few models made for one scoped rifle. They're not super duty but should withstand shipping from Texas to Massachusetts.
I've bought from a few people who only ship in these and while they charge $15 to $20 extra for the case and secure shipping. It gives me a nice pile of cases that I store in the attic in case I ever need to transport a large number of rifles or ship something vaulable.
Plus you can always insure for the amount.

Thats a good idea, I was going to have ups pack it and insure it anyways so why should I buy a 200 dollar case right away and have it get screwed up in shipping.

Nick

Back
Top Bottom