good ranges in new hampshire.

Marty McFly

NES Member
so my birthday is coming up and i thought i would get out of the state and shoot in new Hampshire. I have never been to any ranges up there and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I want to shoot long range rifle and shotgun. maybe pistol.

also can i bring my guns up there? i heard i could as long as they are unloaded in the trunk. I have a class A ltc here with no restrictions for whatever it is worth.

You don't need that steenkin' license here in New Hampshire! You only need a license to carry a pistol or revolver loaded in a motorvehicle or concealed upon your person. The New Hampshire license is "Shall Issue" and is required to be issued in fourteen days.

Thanks! so i can come up with my guns as long as i am not carrying concealed? thanks. sounds like a beautiful state

Thanks! so i can come up with my guns as long as i am not carrying concealed? thanks. sounds like a beautiful state

Yes. And in this state, that means your unloaded gun and a full mag can be in the glove together so long as the mag isn't in the gun. Rifles must also be unloaded. You can open carry outside the vehicle.

I don't know of any public rifle ranges off hand, but most private clubs have days open to the public. Country Pond F+G in Newton has a large number of events open to the public, and is just over the border.

hey i really appreciate your help. now is there some underground railroad i need to take to get to a free state?

Plenty of us have done it, more by the day seemingly, and some with significant obstacle and sacrifice. I commuted 50 miles each way into Boston for 3 years... eating both property and income tax double whammy the entire time. Totally worth it.

Just remember, excuses are like *******s. Everyone has one and they all stink.

Try Nashua Fish and Game (I think). I went there for a sight-in day 3 years ago. I live in Chelmsford, it was maybe 30 minutes max. They have a 1000 yard range iirc, although as I age things get farther away, or at least look that way. Anyway, it was a nice place, people were cool. Dunno what "public time" they have though...

Regarding NH licenses for MA residents... Download and print the application, send $100, get a non-resident concealed for 6 years. It's "shall issue" and takes about 3 weeks to show up from the day you mail it out. Avoid all the "can I, can't I?" crap...

Try Nashua Fish and Game (I think). I went there for a sight-in day 3 years ago. I live in Chelmsford, it was maybe 30 minutes max. They have a 1000 yard range iirc, although as I age things get farther away, or at least look that way. Anyway, it was a nice place, people were cool. Dunno what "public time" they have though...

Regarding NH licenses for MA residents... Download and print the application, send $100, get a non-resident concealed for 6 years. It's "shall issue" and takes about 3 weeks to show up from the day you mail it out. Avoid all the "can I, can't I?" crap...

appreciate the advice. thank you!

so my birthday is coming up and i thought i would get out of the state and shoot in new Hampshire. I have never been to any ranges up there and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I want to shoot long range rifle and shotgun. maybe pistol.

also can i bring my guns up there? i heard i could as long as they are unloaded in the trunk. I have a class A ltc here with no restrictions for whatever it is worth.

Unfortunately there are no long-range ranges in NH. Rumor was they were building one at Sig but I'm not sure what ended up happening with that.

The closest one I know of is Forbes in NY.

Unfortunately there are no long-range ranges in NH. Rumor was they were building one at Sig but I'm not sure what ended up happening with that.

my definition of long range is 500-600 yards. down on the cape we have nothing like that. seems everyone else thinks 1000 is long range. ill be sure to keep 1001 yards from all of your houses!

my definition of long range is 500-600 yards. down on the cape we have nothing like that. seems everyone else thinks 1000 is long range. ill be sure to keep 1001 yards from all of your houses!

Long-range is a specific sub-category of high-power rifle shot at 800, 900, and 1000 yards. When people ask about long-range, people tend to assume that's what is being asked about.

Rumor was they were building one at Sig but I'm not sure what ended up happening with that.

They build it.

The geometry is kinda funky with firing positions at 100, 200, 300 and 1000.

Facility map here.

Last edited:
SIG might have some very nice ranges, but they are NOT open to the public just showing up and saying "hey, I want to shoot at your long range rifle bay".

My guess is the only time you would be able to use their range is if you are paying for a class which utilizes said range.

Back
Top Bottom