Good place to buy a Weber Grill?

GunGrey

Banned
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Genesis S310 with cast iron grates...... who needs the side burner anyways i never use the thing. if i couldn't get cast iron i would get the stainless steel but man cast iron is the way to go. once you get it seasoned things are ****ing great.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw two Webers at Sears this evening. One model called the E series ** was on sale for $399.. Perfect size. It was a nice grill, propane and storage underneath. The larger model was on sale for $799.00.

GunGrey

Banned
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I saw two Webers at Sears this evening. One model called the E series ** was on sale for $399.. Perfect size. It was a nice grill, propane and storage underneath. The larger model was on sale for $799.00.
that E series is the smaller Spirit model. The E is used in designation for both spirit and genesis model, For Genesis models E designate that its painted not stainless and S for stainless. as they say go big or go home.

jaypap

NES Member
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
My Weber is ten years old, it's the only grill I've owned that lasted more than four years.

This one still has plenty of life left in it and if I ever do have to replace it I would buy Weber again.

Billsail

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Genesis S310 with cast iron grates...... who needs the side burner anyways i never use the thing. if i couldn't get cast iron i would get the stainless steel but man cast iron is the way to go. once you get it seasoned things are ****ing great.

All the Webers I have seen with cast iron grates have been porcelain coated. Can't be seasoned and eventually chip and flake. Cast iron is great for heat retention (nice "grill marks"), but harder to clean than stainless. Can you get a Weber with raw cast grates?

GunGrey

Banned
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
All the Webers I have seen with cast iron grates have been porcelain coated. Can't be seasoned and eventually chip and flake. Cast iron is great for heat retention (nice "grill marks"), but harder to clean than stainless. Can you get a Weber with raw cast grates?
no you cant they all have procelain, you can get an ok coating, is it better than raw cast no it is not but we work with what we can get.

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you get a Weber with raw cast grates?
I've seen Spirit series at HD on display with cast iron grates (it would be interesting to see if they're actually sold like that).

I looked at buying a set for my current grill... but the cost didn't justify it (especially considering that my run of the mill porcelain grates were still usable).

GunGrey

Banned
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've seen Spirit series at HD on display with cast iron grates (it would be interesting to see if they're actually sold like that).

I looked at buying a set for my current grill... but the cost didn't justify it (especially considering that my run of the mill porcelain grates were still usable).
Those are the procalain ones like bill pointed out, you can get a alright coating but not that grate of coating, the minute you scrub it its gone. stainless is much easier to clean

for the weber cast ones i just wipe them down with a nonstick spray or canola before i turn the grill on.

Another_David

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

I definitely saw one at HD too but it was almost winter and they were all jammed in the corner so I thought maybe the racks got swapped around from another grill by accident. They didn't have the one I wanted in stock and the floor models were all beat up.

When I bought mine at Lowes it had the porcelain grates. They felt really cheap but they work fine.

I think Weber has so many variations and probably makes changes to their products on a regular basis that it's really hard to predict what you're going to get ordering online. Go to a store and look closely at what you're getting.

You guys clean your grill??[rofl]

Top Bottom