Good outcome

nstassel

NES Member
A while ago a client fell under the eye of a local police department and the ATF. These agencies contacted his local police department that issued his LTC. The local department suspended his LTC and seized a number of guns. We prepared for the worst, but declined several invitations to be interviewed by any of the agencies. Incidentally, I was confident that no crime had been committed in the original investigation and told them that.

As time passed the 90 day limitation to file the LTC appeal approached and we decided to appeal even though that might provoke a criminal charge. When the hearing date was a couple weeks away we requested any documents that the police might offer in the hearing. Soon after I got a call from the lawyer representing the police and I proposed restoring the LTC because in my opinion there was no valid grounds to suspend it. Expecting a polite GTFO, I was surprised to hear that she would discuss it with the police. A couple more conversations later and they agreed to restore the license and return the guns.

We decided to use an FFL to take them all, then sort out what he should take back or sell legally. My client hired an FFL, Dean Safety (Crackpot) to handle that role.

Today my client signed for 18 guns, and then Crackpot and I loaded the guns and ammo into his van. A good day.

20210728_110648.jpg

Some of them got pretty marred up. But we were happy to get them back. The client said that his guns get used pretty hard so he wasn't bothered.

I would be preparing the civil suit. What does a good cerakote job go for these days? Times 18.

Any tips on what NOT to do for those in MA who wish to avoid ATF scrutiny that loses you your license and guns without charges?

Either way, cheers for helping another poor guy in this state dodge the long dick of the law, for the most part. Doing the Lords work.

Nice work. Can you go into detail what they were going after him for? Configuration? Or prohibted list?

Nice work. Can you go into detail what they were going after him for? Configuration? Or prohibted list?

I bet we'll never know but if I could bet on it I bet it had absolutely nothing to do with the guns he owned and everything to do with "Phantasmic bullshit. "

I could write 3 pages on all of the "arbitrary phantasmal bullshit" I've heard happen to people in this state over the years.

"Oh he insulted the chief's shoes in another town! UNSUITABLE!" etc.

This is the same state where an attorney got detained and LTC got confiscated for like a month? w/no charges because he committed the sin of walking down the street and having his
suit coat blow open and revealing his gun. (eventually the guy got his LTC/gun back, mostly because I think the PD figured out he was going to make life miserable for them very quickly. )

The way he got on the radar was that someone in his inner circle essentially reported a gun buying spree which LE thought might be straw purchasing or being in the business of selling guns without an FFL. Totally not the case though. Greatly over simplified but that's the gist.

Last edited:
The way he got on the radar was that someone in his inner circle essentially reported a gun buying spree which they thought might be straw purchasing or being in the business of seeking guns without an FFL. Totally not the case though. Greatly over simplified but that's the gist.

Wow, family member or friend I wonder? Obviously not something to share. Doesn't sound like it was a suspiscious FFL who turned him in.

I wonder, is more of this to be expected now that we are living under soviet rule, with the government asking us to turn in our family and neighbors?

Sickening.

The way he got on the radar was that someone in his inner circle essentially reported a gun buying spree which they thought might be straw purchasing or being in the business of seeking guns without an FFL. Totally not the case though. Greatly over simplified but that's the gist.

Hopefully he writes that person out of his life and never talks to them ever again.

Wow, family member or friend I wonder? Obviously not something to share. Doesn't sound like it was a suspiscious FFL who turned him in.

I wonder, is more of this to be expected now that we are living under soviet rule, with the government asking us to turn in our family and neighbors?

Sickening.
who needs red flag laws with friends like that!

A good outcome.

The below, along with the picture of firearms and optics just randomly piled up is one of the reasons I have zero respect for policing as a profession. It's close to becoming zero respect for police as individuals too.

The local department suspended his LTC and seized a number of guns.

This is exactly why you need an attorney that is well versed in Mass firearms laws.
I know a few attorneys personally, and while I am sure they would be fine to call for a divorce or personal injury, my 20 year old college student knows more about Mass gun laws than they do.
Don't get me wrong, many lawyers are very bright, but Mass laws are confusing. Hell, most cops don't have a very good understanding and people get jammed up all of the time.
Well done Mr. Tassel.

Back
Top Bottom