Good, out of state source for MA compliant Glocks?

I'd like to buy a Glock 26 but I'm annoyed by the prices in MA for used guns vs. what they cost in other states. Is there a good source to buy MA compliant Glocks and have them transferred in?

I'm hoping for an answer other than gunbroker.com as it seems difficult to absolutely determine MA compliance on those.

Thanks.

Try Mark over at Summit. He's on vacation now but he usually has a few MA compliant trade ins on hand. Prices are about the same as the best FTF price you can find in the state (after shipping and transfer costs).

Paul, I know the glock prices in MA can be ridiculous, but if you ever decide to go that way, please feel free to support ZHA by checking out their selection. I cant say that their prices are really much better than everywhere else, but of all stores Ive been to, they are the most deserving of that price.

Wouldn't the cost-effective solution be the purchase of a new M&P?

Made here, lifetime warranty and MA-compliant. A better design, too, comparing my M&P to what I recall of my Glock

Made here, lifetime warranty and MA-compliant. A better design, too, comparing my M&P to what I recall of my Glock

+1

The only concession made with an M&P, in MA at least is the inability to use high capacity magazines. This is typically not an issue with a compact like the 26/27 or M&Pc models.

Chris

Yes, you could buy an M&P, but then you wouldn't have a Glock. After you've got the Glock, you tend to forget how much you paid for it. Unless of course you don't like it. Borrow one, try it, if you like it seek one out and buy it. You won't regret it.

Precisely. [wink]

To each his own. That's why we have so many guns to choose from with so many variables in size, caliber, materials and quality. I'm not going to stop until I collect them all even if it takes my whole life to do it...

-Cuz.

If I wanted another M&P, I'd buy one and wouldn't have posted the original question. So, no, it's not a better solution. You'll also notice that I asked about a Glock 26. An M&Pc is still bigger than a sub compact Glock.

I sold an M&P9 full size because I simply didn't like it. If I can't get a Glock 26 that suits me, I'll consider an M&P.

Last edited:
Yes, you could buy an M&P, but then you wouldn't have a Glock. After you've got the Glock, you tend to forget how much you paid for it. Unless of course you don't like it. Borrow one, try it, if you like it seek one out and buy it. You won't regret it.

Actually, I'll admit that I'm not a fan of striker fired guns, or at least the ones I've tried so far. I had an M&P9 and didn't like it. I've also tried larger Glocks and didn't really like them. I have tried a Glock 33 and found it pretty comfortable but as a semi auto carry gun, they're hard to beat in this state.

Paul, I know the glock prices in MA can be ridiculous, but if you ever decide to go that way, please feel free to support ZHA by checking out their selection. I cant say that their prices are really much better than everywhere else, but of all stores Ive been to, they are the most deserving of that price.

I'll definitely talk to Marc. He was great to do business with before but I figured I'd look into this avenue.

I'd be going to ZHA more often were it not for the distance.

It's illegal to transfer a banned pistol into Ma. (pre-ban or otherwise). Rifles are ok. But if you want a pre-ban Glock, it has to already be in Ma. Unless you move here, you can bring all your guns with you but thats another story.

It's illegal to transfer a banned pistol into Ma. (pre-ban or otherwise). Rifles are ok. But if you want a pre-ban Glock, it has to already be in Ma. Unless you move here, you can bring all your guns with you but thats another story.

I do not believe this is correct. Because Glocks (looks like most models) are on the EOPS list, any Glock manufactured prior to 10/21/98 can be transferred into Mass. (Notwithstanding need to transfer via FFL if appropriate and hi-cap mag ban).

See this Sticky for more info:
http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37553

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

It's illegal to transfer a banned pistol into Ma. (pre-ban or otherwise). Rifles are ok. But if you want a pre-ban Glock, it has to already be in Ma.

Drivel.

As has been discussed here MANY times before;

1. There is no such thing as a "banned pistol;"

2. There is no prohibition against the private transfer of a handgun not on the AFR; and

3. There is no such thing as a "pre-ban pistol;" only the magazines therefore.

Ok, guess I wasnt thinking about face to face and I was still thinking if you got cought with it that you'd get in trouble.

Last edited:
Doesnt any handgun bought out of state have to be transfered to a FFL dealer in Ma? And then isnt it true that an FFL dealer cannot accept nor sell any handguns that are not on the AG's list in Ma. unless it is already owned in the state of Massachusetts and is still in Massachusetts? Im pretty sure of that but maybe Im wrong.

There is no AG list only AG regulations. There is an EOPS list.

Read the link I posted.

If a gun is on the EOPS list, then the only issue is that the gun was manufactured prior to the enforcement date of the AG's regulations on unfair trade practices as they relate to handgun sales (940 CMR 16.00); it need not be in the state prior to that date.

You are correct that generally when a handgun is purchased from out of state it must be transferred via an FFL.

Again, since most Glocks are on the EOPS list, they are legal for an FFL to transfer into the state if they were manufactured prior to 10/21/98. If, for example, you are moving to Mass, you don't need an FFL transfer and you can bring any handgun here you want, regardless of whether it meets AG regulations or is on the EOPS list since these only apply to dealers.

In response to the OPs question, there are some sources out of state that commonly have Glocks and indicate if they are legal. But typically when you add in the price of shipping and transfers, the cost is nearly the same as buying from an in-state dealer.

A separate issue is possession of high-capacity magazines. These must have been manufactured prior to 9/13/94 or the **possession** of these devices is illegal. Thus there are many instances where the handgun is legal but the magazine is not.

Last edited:
Ok, guess I wasnt thinking about face to face and I was still thinking if you got cought with it that you'd get in trouble.

MA gun shops, like Four Seasons, sell plenty of '98 and earlier Glocks. Most of these come from out of state and FS will transfer a privately owned Glock if it meets the same criteria.

Transferring a more recent gun that doesn't meet AG regs isn't possible. Also, transferring an older gun that is not on the EOPS list isn't possible.

If I wanted another M&P, I'd buy one and wouldn't have posted the original question. So, no, it's not a better solution. You'll also notice that I asked about a Glock 26. An M&Pc is still bigger than a sub compact Glock.

PaulD,
Are you looking to test fire a G26? If so, I have one I'd be happy to let you put a box or two of ammo thru. As far are where to get one, well you really just kind of have to be ready to jump on almost any Glock that comes along just because you never know when another one will be available.

-Cuz.

PaulD,
Are you looking to test fire a G26? If so, I have one I'd be happy to let you put a box or two of ammo thru. As far are where to get one, well you really just kind of have to be ready to jump on almost any Glock that comes along just because you never know when another one will be available.

-Cuz.

Thanks Cuz. I appreciate that. It would be good to try one though I did try BostonAsphalt's G33 (same gun in .357 Sig). The .357 Sig was a bit snappy but 9mm should be fine.

I'm probably going to go to MRA late in the afternoon tomorrow. If you'd like to go, send me a PM.

Transferring a more recent gun that doesn't meet AG regs isn't possible. Also, transferring an older gun that is not on the EOPS list isn't possible.

The above is true only for FFL transfers. Again, the private transfer of firearms is wholly outside of the AG's regs and the EOPS list.

Thanks Cuz. I appreciate that. It would be good to try one though I did try BostonAsphalt's G33 (same gun in .357 Sig). The .357 Sig was a bit snappy but 9mm should be fine.

I'm probably going to go to MRA late in the afternoon tomorrow. If you'd like to go, send me a PM.

keep in mind too tht if you cant find a G26, you cn get say a G33 and get the conversion barrel, extractor, etc and convert it.

PaulD, I will be at the Wallum Lake Man vs. Man steel plate shoot this Sunday in Harrisville, RI. PM me if you want me to bring the gun for you to try. Actually, if you want to pm me your phone # I'll call you to see if we can work something out. Basically, I'm at a match somewhere almost every Sunday but would be willing to discuss an alternative schedule as well.
-Cuz.

Back
Top Bottom