Good News Remington Out of Bankruptcy

They will eff it up again.

LOL, that didn't take long.

Glad that Rem is out of bankruptcy, though chapter 11 bankruptcy is more of a structured repayment arrangement than anything. No, we don't want any majors going away.

Isn’t that what people said about the auto manufacturers and the banks?

Don't know as a Ford guy my manufacturer was much more resilient than others and I am not a fan of losing all our business to the global economy either.

Remington doesn’t produce much worth buying other than a few old designs that are low margin and have alternative suppliers (a Mossberg 500 is more or less as good as a Remington 870, for example).

Unless they invest in R&D and hit on some new product designs I don’t really see how the future gets a lot brighter for them. The past decade guns have sold really well. People just aren’t buying enough of what they are selling.

Invest in QC and get quality back up to where it's supposed to be, and come up with something different than the umpteenth model of REM 700 and 870, and we're talking. Keep rolling the way you do, with shyte chamber throats on your so called precision rifles and sticky actions in your shotties, and you're going down. Again. The competition is getting stronger by the year. Keep up or learn to swim.

No question that quality went off a cliff. However... i'll throw two anecdotes out there
I had a new 2015 700 ADL in 223 that heavy barrel that was incredibly accurate
No personal experience but wasn't the fairly recent V3 really well received?

First - what bankruptcy did for Remmy, as with most other corporate bankruptcies, is to restructure debt. Loan-holders are often told to go F themselves.

Same thing going on at NECCO. Actually the auction is today. I'm betting the judge was an F-up and the sale won't bring as much as the offer that he rejected a month ago.

Isn’t that what people said about the auto manufacturers and the banks?

To be fair, the banks, on the whole, recovered AND paid all the $ back to Uncle Sam. The car companies (specifically GM and Crapsler), notsomuch. They F'd bondholders, gave the company (GM) to the union and got a cash-for-clunkers infusion of cash. THANKS, NOBAMA! (He's a tool!)

Remington doesn’t produce much worth buying other than a few old designs that are low margin and have alternative suppliers (a Mossberg 500 is more or less as good as a Remington 870, for example).

Unless they invest in R&D and hit on some new product designs I don’t really see how the future gets a lot brighter for them. The past decade guns have sold really well. People just aren’t buying enough of what they are selling.

That replacement for the 870 they created a few years ago was interesting. I dunno if it was a bad design or no one cared. But it was intriguing. (Of course, do I own one?? No. I never got a round TUIT.)

Invest in QC and get quality back up to where it's supposed to be, and come up with something different than the umpteenth model of REM 700 and 870, and we're talking. Keep rolling the way you do, with shyte chamber throats on your so called precision rifles and sticky actions in your shotties, and you're going down. Again. The competition is getting stronger by the year. Keep up or learn to swim.

Yep. QC should be easy in 2018.

I've never seen a sticky action Remington shotgun. Mossberg makes sticky actions. My 870 and 1187 are very smooth. (Both well over a decade old.) My 700 shoots nice - it's 25 years old. LOL

Pretty sure I heard on the radio that anti 2A Bank of America bailed them out. Their excuse of course was that they cane to some kind of agreement before BOA took a stand against guns

Keep making crappy guns and it will catch up with them in 4 years.

You are free to have your own opinion but my second gun was an 870 field/slug combo for like 350 on sale. Then got a home defense barrel at CDNN for like 80 bucks. It has served me well pheasant hunting, deer hunting, turkey hunting, plinking with my son and teaching people guns are not vipers etc. Never failed me. If REMINGTON goes out Mossbergs will go up in price IMHO. Besides I love my 870.

Remington is an American heritage company. I hope they get their House in order...

They should ditch everything except rifles and shotguns and make them as good as humanly possible. The End.
Otherwise, they have 2 minutes before they screw the pooch again.

The root problem here is the Freedom Group/Cerberus Capital ownership.
Everything they touch turns to crap, such as Marlin, Bushmaster, Para etc.

This is pretty much how Savage came back from near death. They focused on just what they did well (mostly the Model 110) and focused on doing it really well. From there they we’re able to grow and develop new products.

They should ditch everything except rifles and shotguns and make them as good as humanly possible. The End.
Otherwise, they have 2 minutes before they screw the pooch again.

Back
Top Bottom