• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good News / Bad News from CMP

Plural of Mongoose said:
I recently read that New Jersey shut down CMP rifle deliveries to individuals and is requiring the rifles be delivered to an FFL.

I've called a few places that will not ship product to MA and asked about an FFL and would they ship to that. All of them said yes. So I'd suspect that if your FFL has CMP purchase capability, he could help you out.

CaptDan3 if you really want to shoot corrosive AP ammo in your M1, give me a shout off-line, I know a source of this stuff that was shipped to a club you are familiar with from DCM (yup, it goes back that far) probably 40+ years ago. Last I knew, nobody wanted to shoot it, so i just sits.

I doubt many clubs in MA will let you shoot it as the AP probably can damage the backstops (or the club would fear that it would). Might be great for a sandpit in NH, VT, ME . . . someplace in Free America, however.

One thing I should have made clear here . . .

This ammo belongs to a club and isn't for sale. It's from the days where DCM would ship ammo to DCM clubs that held matches and they had to account to DCM for the usage with info on matches/scores, etc. It was "discovered" at the club and decided to just "ignore it" some years ago. Since CaptDan3 belongs to the club in question, he might be able to talk with the right people to be allowed to use it in a CMP match . . . I don't know the red tape involved (DCM gave the guns/ammo to clubs way back then but there were "strings attached"), but all I know is that it can't be just sold to anyone, and I don't belong to the club in question anymore.

Sorry if my post confused anyone on the ammo status, it wasn't intentional.

CMP has taken in a quantity of Garand bayonets, from what I understand they are being sorted and priced. There is a section (empty) on the E-store for them. Not sure when they will hit the market, any purchase limits or how long they will last but I expect that the quality and price will be more attractive than those bayos out for sale now. If you check the CMP forums http://www.thecmp.org/forums/ you can get up to speed on the bayos.

It would be nice if they would set aside a batch for those who have purchased Garands but for some reason I seriously doubt that will happen. Look for the scalpers (no pun intended) to snap these things up and flip them on GB.

Last edited:
CMP has taken in a quantity of Garand bayonets, from what I understand they are being sorted and priced. There is a section (empty) on the E-store for them. Not sure when they will hit the market, any purchase limits or how long they will last but I expect that the quality and price will be more attractive than those bayos out for sale now. If you check the CMP forums http://www.thecmp.org/forums/ you can get up to speed on the bayos.

It would be nice if they would set aside a batch for those who have purchased Garands but for some reason I seriously doubt that will happen. Look for the scalpers (no pun intended) to snap these things up and flip them on GB.

Thanks... I found the thread

200,000 bayonets in varying condition from rusted out pieces of junk, parts, new in wrapper and some 16 inchers. That's[ b] a [/b] lot of f**king bayonets! [shocked]

bayo1.jpg

bayo2.jpg

bayo3.jpg

Looking at the CMP website last night, I noticed that the belted Kynoch ammo is the next item not shipped to Ma.
I dont think it is AP ,so it must be that the belt is considered a high cap device.
I ordered some on the 9th when it was allowed and my order has not shipped yet.
Bummer.

Back
Top Bottom