• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good News / Bad News from CMP

USMA-82

NES Member
Email bulletin from the Civilian Marksmanship Program:

Good News: .30-06 ammo is available at very reasonable prices

Bad News: If you live in Massachusetts, you can't have any

From the email message sent this evening:

AP .30-06 M2 BALL: The .30-06 AP ammo that we now have available includes headstamps: AYR, SL, TW, and LC. Dates of manufacture vary from the 1940s to the 1950s. Most of the ammo is corrosive, but some may be non-corrosive. The ammo is packaged in 8 round M1 Garand enbloc clips, in bandoleers, in spam cans. Purchases of multiple cans will be shipped in what appear to be the original wooden crates (two spam cans per crate). Cans and crates will be selected luck of the draw as to the headstamp. 4C3006U202-192P. Single spam can (192 rounds). $60.00. S&H at $8.95 per can. CMP will not ship any AP ammo to Massachusetts, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, or the Virgin Islands.

Thank you sir - may I have another?

They were going round and round about what states could and could not receive the AP a few days ago...MA was not on the list...wonder what changed?

They were going round and round about what states could and could not receive the AP a few days ago...MA was not on the list...wonder what changed?

Maybe they spoke with the AG's office. If so, I can hardly wait to see what's next on their "NOT MA" list! [thinking]

Let me get this straight real quick, an organization run by the federal government (correct me if I'm wrong but CMP is run by the military/feds isn't it?) is not allowed to ship ammunition to well documented citizens in Ma? AHAHAHAHAHAHA

It might not be the respect for state rights we're looking for, but it's interesting none the less.

I was thinking the same thing - actually, maybe it's time to stock up from all sources before the concentration camp gate slams shut.

I think that is a wise move, if it isn't already too late.

Remember Chokely is going to be our AG again for another term. Nobody viable is going to run against her. It's only going to get worse in the gulag. And you can be sure that her fat little friend with the red phone will be helping her tighten the screws and put up the barbed wire during her next term.

I think that is a wise move, if it isn't already too late.

Remember Chokely is going to be our AG again for another term. Nobody viable is going to run against her. It's only going to get worse in the gulag. And you can be sure that her fat little friend with the red phone will be helping her tighten the screws and put up the barbed wire during her next term.

Yep. This state is starting to suck so hard that around here, the tide doesnt even go out anymore.

The reason is that it is Amorer Pierceing ammo. They will ship all other ammo to MA. It still sucks .

Dan Long
Boston, MA.

AP .30-06 M2 BALL: The .30-06 AP ammo that we now have available includes headstamps: AYR, SL, TW, and LC. Dates of manufacture vary from the 1940s to the 1950s. Most of the ammo is corrosive, but some may be non-corrosive.

That's the bad news as far as I'm concerned. I'm pissed at the stupid laws as much as anyone, but I'm not shooting corrosive ammo in gas guns anyway.

I have a bad feeling about this.

I hope this isn't leading to a decision by the CMP to not ship any ammo to MA.

Maybe they spoke with the AG's office. If so, I can hardly wait to see what's next on their "NOT MA" list! [thinking]

Someone in the AGs front office must have made a phone call.

It seems strange that even though there are at least a dozen states that have an AP ammo law on the books (in one form or another), MA is specifically mentioned even though we have no such law.

Firing half-century plus old ammo from those "large capacity" 8-round clips........

Funny you should say that, they also have belted belted .30-06 ammo for sale, but there's no mention of prohibiting sales to states with a "large capacity feeding devices" ban...

BELTED .30-06 AMMO: CMP now has a small quantity of .30-06 belted ammo.
M2 Ball, .30-06, Belted in 250 rd Ammo cloth belts, in .30 cal cans.Manufactured by Kynoch Works (British). 4C3006B200-250P. Corrosive primers. Manufactured 50-53. Weight 18 lbs per can. S&H per can - $9.95. See the ammunition tab on Estore at https://estore.odcmp.com

Anybody from NH putting in a CMP order? The AP price is pretty damn good based on what I have seen at the last few gun shows I have went to.

I wonder if the CMP would ship to an FFL in MA, even though they won't ship to a CMP member who lives in MA.

Yea, all the gun show dealers scoffed it up so they can make a killing on it, you'll see it at shows for 3 times that amount.

Exactly.

CMP no longer achieves the objective for which the program, originally the DCM, was created: Creating and arming the "unorganized militia." It now provides low-cost inventory to FFL's so they can peddle it at significant profit to all and sundry.

Orest had said in one of his posts, that he wanted the AP to go fast - priced it low and removed the 10-can limit on purchases for the AP only. One guy posted a picture of the back of his van, loaded up with crates of ammo. Coming soon to GB auctions and gunshow near you, I'm guessing for the paltry sum of about a buck a round...

I'm waiting on the second ring of the circus, the Garand bayos.

CaptDan3 if you really want to shoot corrosive AP ammo in your M1, give me a shout off-line, I know a source of this stuff that was shipped to a club you are familiar with from DCM (yup, it goes back that far) probably 40+ years ago. Last I knew, nobody wanted to shoot it, so i just sits.

I doubt many clubs in MA will let you shoot it as the AP probably can damage the backstops (or the club would fear that it would). Might be great for a sandpit in NH, VT, ME . . . someplace in Free America, however.

Back
Top Bottom