• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOOD NEWS!! A NEW GUN SHOP!! Minuteman Armory in Templeton, MA. Grand opening 5/9/15

Hey all! Did any of you hear the rumor? The rumor that those guys who put on the Hora Dolor events are opening a shiny new gun shop?!

No kidding.. it's TRUE!!

What does this mean?? In a quick statement it means we're going to screw up, damn near everything, but you are guaranteed to have a hell of a good time in the process.

Cool stuff?

Yep.. awesome stuff. Sigs, Glocks, and Smiths OH MY. An onsite gunsmith! Ammo, even (occasionally) smoked meats and cheeses! We're doing our best to have all the expected things and some things you might not expect.. like .22lr. We currently have in stock a shit ton of .22. We could take a bath in the stuff... a weird leaded bath.

What about that gunsmith you ask? Yup.. we have one, he's awesome. And for grand opening weekend he'll be on hand doing work. If you intend to come and have him do some work, please call or e-mail in advance as on site work will be on demand. Of course if you wish to leave something with us we are more than happy to get it done for you. We have a couple Apex kits on hand for you M&P guys. Want one installed FOR SURE, drop is a line and let me know, we'll be prepared.

Anything else? Sure.. we are slowly lining up educational classes (hunting, carry, personal defense, basic shooting, kids safety, AR and AK build classes and events. etc) We will also be offering WOMEN'S ONLY classes. No, Atilla will not qualify no matter how dreamy he is.

Things we carry: We are trying to carry all the expected guns. We don't know what's going to sell in our neighborhood, or how far reaching our neighborhood is! We have everything from a stunning Sig 1911 to the eternally honest S&W SDs. We have a KSG (only one, sorry) a couple Sub2000s. We have a handful of 308 ARs from a TOP of the line Lewis Machine Tool to a S&W 308 and a couple Windham 308s along with a house built budget 308 that the first copy has proven to be a great shooter. We sort of threw one of everything at the case and we'll see what sticks.

Want something special? We are happy to get it if we don't have it. We are trying to get our name out there we're trying to price things as aggressively as we can.

TELL US WHAT YOU WANT.

We have a good selection of knives, Leatherman tools, range bags (basic range bags and a couple preloaded ones). A small selection of scopes and other optics. Some great Ares Armor 80% products. Some AK "kits". And a pretty solid selection of AR parts and pieces.. like those detents and springs that you forgot about and crushed... or launched into the carpet. Magpul? Yup. Cleaning kits? C'mon.. of course.

We are slowly building a machine shop on site as well. But, as you might expect, CNCs are not cheap! But that's a different story for another day.

Grand opening is on the May 9th at 10 am, Sunday we'll also be open 12 pm to 5.
There will be a bouncy house for the wee little kids (or adults) on Saturday. There will be burgers and dogs and related snackages.

We are still in the process of setting up the store so I don't have any pictures today, but will soon.

Seriously tell us what you want us to carry.. help us make the store a place you WANT to go, not a place you want to avoid!

GRAND OPENING
5/9/15 10am to 5
5/10/15 Noon to 4

25 North Main St.
Templeton, MA 01438

Link to a Google map: http://tinyurl.com/orlrrb5
Our website (our starter website): www.TheMinuteManArmory.com
Visit us on Facebook (do it.. it REALLY pisses off the Facebook Liberals)
https://www.facebook.com/theminutemanarmory

Call or e-mail - [email protected]
978-632-4222

Welcome to the Minuteman Armory - Join the revolution.

Seems interesting. I live a little east of that and am always looking for new places to poke around. Any chance of reloading supplies?

I will be there to get some .22.

Do you have a limit? (I won't buy it all, just looking for 1K, maybe 2K if the price is good).

I might have to grab one of those sub 2000.

Last edited:
Sounds like I will need to check this out. Smoked meats and cheeses you said...Hmm. The best part is, you are actually closer than Cabela's. I hope it's nice weather. I am dying to take a nice long sport car drive :)

Nice! Glad to see a new shop opening up, especially one only about 10 min from me. I do have a question, how much will you guys charge for transfers?

I practically live right up the street from you guys, how in the world did I not know about this? You can bet I'll be there for the Open House. We definitely need an awesome gun shop in the North County area, if you guys need a hand with anything let me know, I'm right around the corner.

Thanks everyone. I also got a handful of e-mails today, I hope I was able to answer all questions appropriately. We are still learning, and rest assured, no one wants to give out the secret to the special sauce. ;) That's OK though.

To answer people's question and comments thus far here:

Brian: Yes, I think so. I don't believe we will have anything for opening day. Permitting and certain timing hasn't been right. But we will be loading our own ammo from time to time so we'll need to keep product on hand and know a certain amount of people also interested. So, yes, if you want something specific now is a great time to speak up.

BrusselI: I am torn on the .22 limit issue. NORMALLY the answer is 'no'. I am a capitalist and money is green no matter from whom it comes. On the other hand, there are so many people begging and pleading, and we have managed to have a supplier take very good care of us and give us his entire allotment recently. I feel obligated to try and spread the love as much as possible.
Regarding the SUB2k.. it's for sale.. but it's one of my personal guns.. so, do come and buy something :) but I won't feel bad if you don't buy THAT thing.

VetteGirl: Any day is a good day for a cruise, also, any day is a good day to let me pilot your car around the block! You know.. just saying.

Romo/Lowbird: $20.

Eric: I have made GREAT efforts to keep this quiet for as long as I could. There is a nearly infinite number of ways for it to all fall apart before it got started, so it's a lot easier to keep people out of the know than to tell people and then have it collapse and have to deal with THAT.

Should put on here a google maps "directions to" for your shop, to make it easier for people to get there.

;-)

Back
Top Bottom