GOOD NEWS 6/8/17 New Info 6/5/17 WALLUM LAKE ROD & GUN CLUB- NOISE COMPLAINT

First time I ever went to Wallum Lake was two weekends ago for mini Walls of Steel. What an awesome club! I was on the same squad as the club president and he was telling me how much land they own, all the different events they run.
If I lived closer I would definitely pony up the money to be a member there.

Good luck with this bullshit. Dammit I hate liberal crybabies.

"Westminster 2.0" in the making...

Please keep us informed.

And those who thought the "if we don't support Westminster with $$ they'll be coming for your club next" was hyperbole: think again... if the anti's feel empowered by a modicum of success in Westminster (which they have since shooting is shut down) they will develop a strategy around it and push it everywhere they can.

Damn, I hope this doesn't turn into anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a super Redhawk 44mag, been wanting to try some hot loads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

44mag? That's child's play. Let's organize a mosin carbine shoot....only m44 m38 and Chinese t53 rifles allowed with actual surplus Soviet ammo!!!!!

Who's in I have two mosin carbines....and a couple spam cans of 1980s surplus ammo I'd donate to the cause!

44mag is as big as I have so far. Sold my Mosins a few months ago cuz I never shot them anymore.

I do like recoil though. I did an appleseeds a few years back, brought one of the Mosins and two spam cans. Kinda failed the AQT's :( And I've been known to shoot my short barrel pistol grip 12ga one handed with 3"slugs...

So I'd be happy to melt some of the cosmoline out of your Mosins :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

44mag? That's child's play. Let's organize a mosin carbine shoot....only m44 m38 and Chinese t53 rifles allowed with actual surplus Soviet ammo!!!!!

Who's in I have two mosin carbines....and a couple spam cans of 1980s surplus ammo I'd donate to the cause!

I have a beautifully beat-up looking T53 with a nice bore. Shoot like a dream. I'm in.

I have a beautifully beat-up looking T53 with a nice bore. Shoot like a dream. I'm in.

Best dollar to fun ratio of any rifles I own are my polish m44 and my Soviet m38. Biiiiig booooom.......easy on the wallet.

Best dollar to fun ratio of any rifles I own are my polish m44 and my Soviet m38. Biiiiig booooom.......easy on the wallet.

It's pretty hard to find decent priced 7.62x54r on the Cape. I have like maybe 50 rounds left and I haven't shot it in months. I have to find a couple spam cans soon, at non retard prices.

First time I ever went to Wallum Lake was two weekends ago for mini Walls of Steel. What an awesome club! I was on the same squad as the club president and he was telling me how much land they own, all the different events they run.
If I lived closer I would definitely pony up the money to be a member there.

Good luck with this bullshit. Dammit I hate liberal crybabies.

Yea, it's the Harvard of RI for sure. Better in some respects.

The Burrillville Ordinance Subcommittee will be meeting to consider and act
on a request for an amendment to Sec. 16-35(6) of the noise ordinance on Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 5:30 pm in Town Council Chambers,
105 Main Street.
Harrisvill, RI

We need as many members as possible to attend !
An overly restrictive noise ordinance is as good as shutting us down....

BE RESPECTFUL !
BE CLEAR AND ARTICULATE !
BRING FACTS, NOT ATTITUDE !
DRESS AS APPROPRIATELY AS POSSIBLE !

It looks like someone is trying to cause problems for the WLR&G Club. I received the email from them today.

This Thursday, May 11th, the Burrillville town ordinance commitee will be hearing a complaint from an Uxbridge resident about noise from our club.

We as a club need to be well represented at this meeting so please try to attend.

The meeting will be held at 5:30 pm in the town hall located at 105 Main st Harrisville.
There is parking at the church just down the street.

Meeting postponed: The Thursday town council meeting has been postponed until next month. The noise ordinance has been removed from this months agenda and will be heard next month. Date and time will be posted as soon as we know.

So where's the cease and desist order pending the results of the meeting? Also, I hope they have cameras all over the place incase "Someone" tries some sneaky thievery to further their cause..

Last edited:
Good News!

I would like to thank the members who came to the Burrillville Town Ordinance meeting to show their support for the club.

The committee voted unanimously to recommend no changes to the towns noise ordinance.

A victory for us today..

Tim Burdick,
President

Back
Top Bottom