• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good luck, turkey hunters

There are 3 large Toms and a few young Jakes under my bird feed in the back yard right now. One young hen has been spending the whole day in the yard just about every day this spring and she follows me around like a dog while I'm doing yard work. Lately she's taken to sleeping in my compost pile when the sun hits it. Maybe I'm turning into a bunny hugger in my old age but lately I'm having more fun hanging out with the critters than I am hunting them.
I remember when seeing a wild turkey around here was unheard of. Now there are flocks roaming my neighborhood and living in the yard. It's cool to see so many.

Turkey hunting can get interesting. Grandson Little Jack and his dad went out for the NH youth hunt. Jack had opportunities but the toms were mixed in with the hens. He played it safe and passed on the shots. They got home and Jack looked out the window to see a tom and hens next to the chicken coup. Close range and a tom only shot. However, it was after 12:00. Next time. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom