• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good luck MA archers!!

Nice...both of you.
That is interesting - with the yotes and all.
I need to sell some guns and get into this archery for next year.

Late update, but had a great opener nonetheless. Took this Doe by 9:20 this morning.

Crazy day....jumped 4 deer on my walk in, had coyote barking when I got my stand up, saw 3 coyote run past me about 40 yards off (with no shot), then had 2 Doe mosey my way 20mins after the yotes took off. I was surprised to see them after the coyote, they didn't seem spoked at all....

The Doe took their sweet time getting near me (all in all 45 mins) then finally I had a decent shot window at 35 yards on the larger of the two. Arrow entered above her hip, passed through both lungs, and exited clear through the opposite side. She dressed out at 128lbs.

Awesome man. Hey weren't you going elk hunting this year? How did that work out?

Congratulations Rifleman and Sir Gawain.
I can't go until middle next week (hate when work dictates hunting schedule)

Congrats guys! Saw nothing from stand morning or evening monday but jumped a bunch on the way out in the evening. One more piece of the puzzle to input....

Not my deer but It's me in the photo! My cousin shot this buck last night and we dragged him out today! Short tined but he's a mature deer...we're thinking he's 4.5 years old...big bushy tuft on his head, big "roman nose" solid body...dressed out at 180lbs 18.5 in spread...hopefully next week it'll be my turn!

imagejpeg_0-3.jpg

Cannot get back out till Monday morning. Also going to try Tuesday evening if I can finish my appointment and get back and ready in time as I will have the wind I want for this spot.

Got 3 bucks and 4 does hanging around my stand. My camera shows the smaller two are only moving around 9pm and the bigger one only around 1am. Hope they get up earlier pretty soon.

Passed on a fawn this am. Had perfect broadside at 15 yards. Little fella came in with his momma. Momma never gave me a shot but they hung around for a bit. I watch mama give him a bath and snuggle for a bit. Then they were off. At one point the fawn winded me. He got downwind and started trying to smell the sky. Did a little stomp and kept looking back in my direction. Never spooked though. I thought he would see me for sure shaking like a leaf in the stand. Got cold for a bit this am.

^Good on u for passing. I hate when people shoot small or young deer just to fill a tag or so they can brag. I'd rather eat my tags and let them grow some more.

I pass on the little ones too, I'll even pass on mama so she can finish her job of raising the little ones. But I bet the meat from those little suckers would be very good.

Town of Norwood's Facebook page warning ALL hunters no hunting in the Town Of Norwood. They are starting Prosecuting hunters and confiscating tree stands. Their cadre of experienced policemen who are also hunters will be going into the woods looking for stands it says. These same guy and his friends, also hunts theses lands, sometimes without permission. But not us.

Last edited:
Passed on a little 3 or 4 pointer last night , stood up got ready to shoot and changed my mind and he heard me sit back down. He walks off in heavy brush then comes back out right in front of me. I already had a buck and this guy was real small i wasn't wasting my second buck tag on a runt. So after he left i walked out to the field by my stand and he was out there with another really big bodied deer but i couldn't see what it was . Maybe i will get a shot at the bigger one.

I decided to walk around a bit tonight and found 5 scrapes in one area. I found some oak tress nearby so I sat up against a pine tree and waited. Nothing ever came by. Ill prolly go out tomorrow and put a camera there and if its getting activity ill put a stand up.

So far only does and fawns in daylight, or as roadkill. Haven't seen the bucks in daylight yet

Maby Ill hit the stand again tonight.... My camo needs to be washed though get that stink out of it. Still no luck will be out all day monday just enjoying nature and hoping for a deer. How early is too early to head out to the stand?

Anyone going out tomorrow or you think it will be too warm? Im thinking I'll bird hunt tomorrow and go for deer either Thursday for Friday.

Got bored at home and didn't want to do homework. Been in the woods since 3:15. Did some walking and now I'm thirsty n sweaty. Don't have high hi hopes for tonight but this beats sitting on the couch

Good afternoon.....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414722410074.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414722410074.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 101
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414722425589.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414722425589.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 97
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414722438644.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414722438644.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 98
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414722451358.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414722451358.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 106
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414722462591.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414722462591.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 106
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414722477255.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414722477255.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 121
congrats arlow ! motivation to get me out there tomorrow . Looks like its gonna be a crap day weather wise tho, windy and rainy. When will MA allow sunday hunting ( not that sunday weather is much better this week )

Back
Top Bottom