• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good luck MA archers!!

bdb

NES Member
12 hours and 18 minutes till legal shooting in MA! Temps in the low thirties, a good moon and a nor'easter coming in Tuesday. Sounds like a recipe for a good morning for MA hunters. Good luck fellas. I'll be in my tree by 5:30 freezing my stones off and loving it !!

I had a doe and 2 fawns come in behind me at 7:10. They got down wind and sniffed and stomped a long time. One fawn came to about 8-10 yards under a pine but no shot. The doe almost gave me a shot 2 or 3 times but no dice. Only shot I had was at the doe but she was looking my way and sniffing hard at 45 yards. I wouldn't take the shot and then they just all walked off. They definitely smelled me and knew something was off but they never really spooked. Good morning overall. I'm going to shower up and be in another tree at 2:45.

Saw a deer about 75 yards in front of me just as I hoisted my bow to the ground at sunset. Hoisted it back up without it noticing and waited another 15 minutes while it walked in almost a semi circle around me, not getting any close than 50 yards... [thinking]

Couldn't go out this morning and wouldn't you know...my camera captured two bucks fighting right by my treestand at 7 WTF! went out this afternoon 1-630...had one come in at last light too dark to see what it was..had to wait a little to get down...all in all a good day!

Nailed a 6 pointer about 10 minutes left in the day. 120 lbs Dressed. Stomach full of hay no acorns again around me. Saw a total of 10 deer and 3 turkeys , Missed one turkey this morning.

Late update, but had a great opener nonetheless. Took this Doe by 9:20 this morning.

Crazy day....jumped 4 deer on my walk in, had coyote barking when I got my stand up, saw 3 coyote run past me about 40 yards off (with no shot), then had 2 Doe mosey my way 20mins after the yotes took off. I was surprised to see them after the coyote, they didn't seem spoked at all....

The Doe took their sweet time getting near me (all in all 45 mins) then finally I had a decent shot window at 35 yards on the larger of the two. Arrow entered above her hip, passed through both lungs, and exited clear through the opposite side. She dressed out at 128lbs.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413857144268.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413857144268.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 131
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413857173642.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413857173642.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 142
Late update, but had a great opener nonetheless. Took this Doe by 9:20 this morning.

Crazy day....jumped 4 deer on my walk in, had coyote barking when I got my stand up, saw 3 coyote run past me about 40 yards off (with no shot), then had 2 Doe mosey my way 20mins after the yotes took off. I was surprised to see them after the coyote, they didn't seem spoked at all....

The Doe took their sweet time getting near me (all in all 45 mins) then finally I had a decent shot window at 35 yards on the larger of the two. Arrow entered above her hip, passed through both lungs, and exited clear through the opposite side. She dressed out at 128lbs.

Congrats guy!!!

Back
Top Bottom