Good local place to buy dial calipers?

Looking for a decent set of dial calipers- went to Sears and they had plastic junk for $30+. I'm looking for something under $50. Somewhere in the Northshore area preferably off 93 somewhere. Any ideas?

Why limit yourself geographically?

Even our AG hasn't imposed restrictions on internet sales of calipers.

Then again, he may not realize their utility as reloading tools....

Why limit yourself geographically?

Even our AG hasn't imposed restrictions on internet sales of calipers.

Then again, he may not realize their utility as reloading tools....

LOL... yeah I could mail order them but I need a quick fix.

Suggestion: Buy an ELECTRONIC caliper. It will do metric/English conversion; a handy feature if you're loading that funny furrin amminishun.

Well, it's not the North Shore, but you won't regret a trip down to WT Tool in Stoughton, MA. The store manager is John, a competitive shooter and real nice guy. Don't be surprised if he gives a discount to a fellow shooter! [wink]

They are a mail-order outfit with a number of brick & mortar stores across the US.

Here's the page with calipers. I got the top model (6" digital) from them a few years ago. Nice tool at a very decent price.

http://wttool.resultspage.com/searc...&af=&do=search&do=search&w=calipers&x=11&y=16

They also carry other tools and lubricants which could be useful in reloading or other hobbies.

Here's info on their locations across the US.
http://www.wttool.com/info-exec/view/store_locations/

Just be AWARE of their business hours. Call before venturing down there as they are basically a 9-5 M-F (and a few hours on Sat) operation IIRC.

I'm almost sure you'll find what you need on the Midway sight [sic].

Probably.

Whether Midway will actually ship what you want into this state is a whole different story.

As it no longer ships what I want, I no longer deal with it. Midway has lost several hundreds of dollars of my business each year; reloading supplies and cases of ammo.

Probably.

Whether Midway will actually ship what you want into this state is a whole different story.

As it no longer ships what I want, I no longer deal with it. Midway has lost several hundreds of dollars of my business each year; reloading supplies and cases of ammo.

That would include most online businesses for reloading supplies and other gun related stuff correct?

I checked MSC and it appears that they are more expensive than WT Tools. John may also be willing to ship locally, can't hurt to ask him. No idea how prices shake out after you add S/H.

Given a choice between two equals, I'll give my business to a fellow gunny! I was also just told by a friend that he offers an additional discount to fellow shooters. I haven't asked but he took unbelievably good care of me when I went in to buy the calipers and some other items, that's all I'm willing to say. [grin]

Anything shipped from within Eastern MA to another location in Eastern MA shouldn't take more than 1 day, assuming it gets into the shipping channel before the end of the business day.

That would include most online businesses for reloading supplies and other gun related stuff correct?

Not really. Previously, most of my business was with Midway. Now, I still buy on-line from dealers that haven't caved to the AG's arbitrary dictates.

Heck, it adds to the enjoyment of the order! [wink]

Not really. Previously, most of my business was with Midway. Now, I still buy on-line from dealers that haven't caved to the AG's arbitrary dictates.

Heck, it adds to the enjoyment of the order! [wink]

+1 Yep, there are still a few dealers out there who haven't lost their spine, and they deserve our business. The rest of them - including Midway - can twist in the wind.

Back
Top Bottom