• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good laser Bore sight???

i see so many Laser bore sights out there and i was wondering which are the better or worst, i was thinking of buying one and dont have to much direction on which to choose, any help would be great!

i see so many Laser bore sights out there and i was wondering which are the better or worst, i was thinking of buying one and dont have to much direction on which to choose, any help would be great!

I got a bushnell one from B&H photo online for a good price. Otherwise you can get something at Dicks, etc for 3x the price and you get the same thing.

I use one from Laserlyte and have been very satisfied. It comes with adapters for various size barrels and is stored in a blow molded case, which makes it easy for my to pack it into my range bag and bring it to where I need it.

I use it to check calibration when I get to a hunting lodge, etc. after travel which may have disrupted scope alignment. I also use it to calibrate/check the calibration of all my guns when new and periodically thereafter.

It's great for double checking alignment of Crimson Trace grips, too.

Would love some linkage for one that will do both the .223 and .308 as those are my two main calibers.

Unless the ones made for individual calibers are more accurate and in that case Ill splurge for one of each caliber.

MY AR rifles are mostly very accurate just the way they are but mostly need this item for my HK and FN rifles.

I got a bushnell one from B&H photo online for a good price. Otherwise you can get something at Dicks, etc for 3x the price and you get the same thing.

Dude - no offense, but that's a load of bullshit. It's okay to hate on Dicks Sporting Goods, but try not to spread the BS unnecessarily. Though it may seem like I'm a Dicks Sporting Goods cheerleader because I work there, I'm really not - I just like things to be factual and Dicks selling Bushnell Laser Boresighters for $99.00 is pure nonsense. Not only do I use a Bushnell to bore sight every rifle and shotgun we sell with a scope, but we also sell them and they are $39.99. I spend a lot of dough and a lot of time on B&H and they sell them for $33.50 plus shipping...[thinking]

To the OP, if you're on a budget, the Bushnell works just fine, but here's a few tips:

- Make sure you thread the mounting screw through the adapter just right. Too far and the laser will not spread the adapter out far enough to seat in the barrel - too shallow and you won't get the adapter to spread at all. I find in most calibers, about 1/3 of the way is about right.

- Make sure you turn the laser all the way down to the edge of the muzzle and you seat it tightly. I have better luck, when I end with the switch facing up. I also turn it on before I seat it. You'll be able to test this and my seating method by sighting in your scope, then turning the laser an additional turn, or activating/deactivating the switch - you'll be off.

The cartridge systems are ideal, but expensive - for $40.00, (not $99.00) you can't go wrong with the Bushnell. I have the LaserLyte at home and it's exactly the same thing - right down to the adapters, case and target. I got that one at Wal-Mart for about the same price...

Dude - no offense, but that's a load of bullshit. It's okay to hate on Dicks Sporting Goods, but try not to spread the BS unnecessarily. Though it may seem like I'm a Dicks Sporting Goods cheerleader because I work there, I'm really not - I just like things to be factual and Dicks selling Bushnell Laser Boresighters for $99.00 is pure nonsense. Not only do I use a Bushnell to bore sight every rifle and shotgun we sell with a scope, but we also sell them and they are $39.99. I spend a lot of dough and a lot of time on B&H and they sell them for $33.50 plus shipping...[thinking]

I pulled Dicks out of the air, the only place I have found the Bushnells is B&H and everything else I have found was about $100. I have had mine for some time so maybe I was ahead of the curve on the $39 models, who knows. I was not intentionally trashing on Dicks.

Last edited:
I have whatever model it is that Dicks sells.(I couldn't say exactly without digging it out) I find it works just well enough to get me on paper out to about 100 yards. I then fine tune it from there. Keep in mind I use it at about 30 feet in my basement so that may factor in. I also will take it outside in the yard to verify the zero on my red dots before heading to the range, they seem to be right on at about 40 yards.(gets kind of hard to see the laser at that range though). I've never taken it to the range so I don't know how effective it would be there. I love it for what I use it for and think it's well worth it for the price. YMMV
-Rick

I was thinking more of one that replaces a cartridge.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...etcon&parentType=index&indexId=cat200006&rid=

s7_712776_imageset_01

a lot of good info here thanks, i think im leaning more toward cartridge lasers,i think it could be the exact thing i need BTW, i have four .223's so i dont need to many arbors... one day ill find another caliber..... i found one laser on ebay for 34.99 but i've never heard of the brand "sitemark"? any luck with these ones

Back
Top Bottom