• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good guy with a gun stops road rage mass pike

So nobody jumped on a cars hood, smashed a windshield, and nobody else drove down the road with a guy on the hood? Weird.

But you are right. Those guys weren’t a danger to anyone but a licensed gun owner who didn’t shoot anyone is the problem.

No wonder there is such strong support for banning guns and banning carry. Even people here don’t support it!

I seriously believe that if you watched the new footage of what went down at least in your mind you would agree it was an overreaction if not admit it here...

How exactly do you know that a guy smashing a windshield with a hammer and a guy driving with said guy hanging on his hood are just going to be all nice and friendly once stopped? I’m sure they were likely to kiss and make up.

I’m sure you’d have no issue with people jumping on the hood of your car and smashing your window with a hammer and wouldn’t feel that person is at all a threat harm you. No sir!

Bonsey, now you're changing the dynamics of the event. When the Infiniti was finally penned in, the guy on the hood did not have a hammer in his hand, did he? If he did, there were 2 guys standing there on each side of the vehicle, one who happened to be holding a gun and based on his overall reaction, it's apparent that the gunner wouldn't have let the older man use it. In another article, it was also stated that the older man used a water bottle to break the windshield. So, was it a hammer or a water bottle, not that it really matters? We didn't witness the beginning of the event, so we do not know.

Even after the gunman had the driver out of the Infiniti, the driver is leaning against the concrete divider and it appears that the gunman is trying to get the driver to drop to the ground by pointing his finger in a downward motion. If that were me he held the gun on, I'd be laughing in his face while telling him to stick the gun up his ass (unless he identified himself as a cop).

As for me, it wouldn't have escalated to the point where the older man had to jump onto my car and me driving off with my newly acquired hood ornament.

Last edited:
I'm not really seeing an issue with drawing on the driver honestly. He was barely boxed in and still behind the wheel and still a danger. 30 seconds before he was doing 70mph with a dude on his hood. I wouldnt say the driver has any regard for human life. LEO would have drawn on him.

In the videos I have seen with the gun pointing at the driver standing outside the vehicle, I am curious what the guy with the gun would do if the driver took a swing at him or decided he would approach him? Mind you the driver has nothing in his hands with the same build as the the guy with the gun. Is the guy with the gun planning on holstering it and fighting it out, fist to fist? Or would he just shoot the driver? Either way the guy with the gun put himself in a sticky situation, that if either were to play out he is up the creek.

In my opinion the guy with the gun was foolish to pull his weapon.

Last edited:
My point exactly. 100% not needed. A good way to lose your CCW permit is all I see. He didn’t save anyone or deescalate anything by whippng out his heater and seriously does this not go against every established rule where you don’t pull it unless you plan to use it?

I’ll bet he loses it all due to unsuitability and that is something I do not support. Dumbassery or not...

y'all are a bunch of Nancys! In TX you are allowed to pull a gun to protect yourself, your property and the life of others. even though stopped, the guy in the car could have still injured others with the car. Tea cupping though should be a punishable offense.

This make no sense at all I could understand if this happened on route 91 south going to Hartford or route 95 going through Baltimore or DC. In those cases the guy on the hood would allow the driver to be in the HOA commuter lane. But there are no HOA lanes on the mass pike.

So, the dude with the drawn gun and the sh*tty grip thought he was Batman?

This is where my selfish bastard persona/attitude takes over and keeps me out of dumb sh*t like this. For me it's simple. If I'm the gun dude watching this go down, a quick analysis of the situation is required in regard to my proper reaction to the events. Question 1: Is there an immediate threat to me or someone important to me? In this incident, the answer to Question 1 is "No". The analysis ends there. By the way, just how much clear background would you expect to find on an interstate during rush hour? The lives of these nitwits would not be worth risking the safety of innocent bystanders over.

I didn't make the decision to take on the enormous responsibility and risk of being a gun owner in this state to satisfy some misguided Batman/hero complex. I did it to protect myself and people I care about. Neither of the dimwits in this incident qualify. It was a mess of their creation which makes it a problem for them or the cops to resolve. My role is limited to being a thoroughly entertained bystander. I wouldn't even offer the media or the cops a witness account.

The private citizen with the firearm was great in this story. Totally composed and did the right thing. Of course none of the media gives a shit but he did a nice job.

The private citizen with the firearm was great in this story. Totally composed and did the right thing. Of course none of the media gives a shit but he did a nice job.

2 men arraigned on charges in connection to Mass. Pike road rage incident | Boston.com

Police received calls about the incident around 4:43 p.m. on Friday, but it was a driver and licensed gun owner who stopped Fitzgerald, ordering him out of his car at gunpoint and detaining him until troopers arrived at the scene.

Story was last updated today at 4:40pm. It used to say "good Samaritan and licensed gun owner" and noted he wouldn't face charges. It also noted the police returned his firearm after determining he was a good guy.

Curious what's changed... As it was more positive before.

Man pulls gun on Pike to stop road rage: 'My military training kicked in'

Frankie%20Hernandez%20Pike%20man%20with%20gun_1548721240346.jpg_14332732_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

WORCESTER, Mass. - Frankie Hernandez was on his way home from work when he saw a man being dragged on the hood of a car as it traveled along the Massachusett Turnpike in Weston.

It was rush hour traffic. The driver, 37-year-old Mark Fitzgerald, had just gotten into a road rage dispute with the man on the hood, 65-year-old Richard Kamrowski, State Police said.

A verbal altercation followed and somehow, Kamrowski got onto the hood of Fitzgerald's 2016 Infiniti QX70 SUV.

Fitzgerald was traveling along the Mass Pike at speeds of up to 70 mph as Kamrowski held onto to the hood of the moving SUV, stopping and accelerating when Kamrowski didn't get off.

That's when Hernandez said he got involved, in recounting the dramatic moments to Boston 25 News on Monday.

My military training kicked in,” said Hernandez, who pulled out his legally-owned gun to get Fitzgerald to stop his vehicle before State Police arrived on scene.

It all started on Interstate 90 westbound on Friday when Fitzgerald and Kamrowski got into a minor crash on the Pike.

Fitzgerald drove for two to three miles until Hernandez, who is a licensed gun owner, got out of his car, pointed his gun at Fitzgerald and ordered him to get out of his SUV, according to State Police.
State Police then responded to the scene in Weston.

Police said neither man was injured in the incident.

Fitzgerald of Lynn was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, negligent driving, and leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage. Kamrowski was charged with disorderly conduct.

In court on Monday, Fitzgerald was released on $500 cash bail and ordered to have no contact with the Kamrowski.

Kamrowski was released on personal recognizance and similarly ordered.

From Man pulls gun on Pike to stop road rage: 'My military training kicked in'

Man pulls gun on Pike to stop road rage: 'My military training kicked in'

Frankie%20Hernandez%20Pike%20man%20with%20gun_1548721240346.jpg_14332732_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

WORCESTER, Mass. - Frankie Hernandez was on his way home from work when he saw a man being dragged on the hood of a car as it traveled along the Massachusett Turnpike in Weston.

It was rush hour traffic. The driver, 37-year-old Mark Fitzgerald, had just gotten into a road rage dispute with the man on the hood, 65-year-old Richard Kamrowski, State Police said.

A verbal altercation followed and somehow, Kamrowski got onto the hood of Fitzgerald's 2016 Infiniti QX70 SUV.

Fitzgerald was traveling along the Mass Pike at speeds of up to 70 mph as Kamrowski held onto to the hood of the moving SUV, stopping and accelerating when Kamrowski didn't get off.

That's when Hernandez said he got involved, in recounting the dramatic moments to Boston 25 News on Monday.

My military training kicked in,” said Hernandez, who pulled out his legally-owned gun to get Fitzgerald to stop his vehicle before State Police arrived on scene.

It all started on Interstate 90 westbound on Friday when Fitzgerald and Kamrowski got into a minor crash on the Pike.

Fitzgerald drove for two to three miles until Hernandez, who is a licensed gun owner, got out of his car, pointed his gun at Fitzgerald and ordered him to get out of his SUV, according to State Police.
State Police then responded to the scene in Weston.

Police said neither man was injured in the incident.

Fitzgerald of Lynn was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, negligent driving, and leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage. Kamrowski was charged with disorderly conduct.

In court on Monday, Fitzgerald was released on $500 cash bail and ordered to have no contact with the Kamrowski.

Kamrowski was released on personal recognizance and similarly ordered.

From Man pulls gun on Pike to stop road rage: 'My military training kicked in'
lot's of BS in that article from my watching of the video.

You know, this morning I was like STFU to all the Facebook posts about this guy being wrong in pulling out his gun, but damn, what a moron. Talk about knowing your target and what's beyond it! If I was in one of those cars down-range of him, I'd be guilty of road rage! It's people like this that give us a bad name.

The driver could have very quickly squished multiple people and then smashed through their cars to get away, so the guy was correct to unholster his weapon.

But every decision he made after that was dumb. Yes, his grip was silly, but he also put everyone in danger by moving to the rear of the car and putting them in the line of fire. All he had to do was force the guy to throw his keys out the window and let the cops handle it from there.

Anyone else catch that his gun was in the glovebox? We've all assumed that that's against MA storage and transportation laws and yet...

I guess the police think the good Samaritan did a good job.
"
The dangerous apparent road rage incident that unfolded on the Massachusetts Turnpike last Friday miraculously came to a safe ending, which police are in part crediting to 49-year-old Frankie Hernandez and his licensed firearm.

Hernandez told police that he and several other drivers used their vehicles to block an Infinity SUV, driven by Mark Fitzgerald, 37, of Lynn. Massachusetts State Police and other witnesses say Fitzgerald drove several miles down the Mass. Pike with 65-year-old Richard Kamrowski, of Framingham, clinging to the hood of his car. The apparent road rage episode came after a minor side-swipe collision between the two, authorities said.

Around the 120.6-mile marker on I-90 in Weston, Hernandez positioned his car in front of the Infinity and exited his vehicle, carrying with him a licensed handgun because he was concerned about the safety of Kamrowski, he later told police.

Hernandez then ordered Fitzgerald -- at gunpoint -- to exit his SUV and get on the ground, according to a police incident report. Fitzgerald did get out of the car but did not get on the ground, the police report said."
Man who stopped Mass. Pike road rage incident with handgun said firearm-owners need to be ‘mentally fit’

y'all are a bunch of Nancys! In TX you are allowed to pull a gun to protect yourself, your property and the life of others. even though stopped, the guy in the car could have still injured others with the car. Tea cupping though should be a punishable offense.

The point is, you don't pull a gun and point it at someone with your finger on the trigger unless you or someone else is in immediate fear of grave bodily injury or death. The driver in the Infiniti was pinned in and couldn't do much with his vehicle. If he did, then using his gun might have been justified. In addition, as already mentioned, there were innocent people in the line of fire if the guy did use his firearm.

So, the dude with the drawn gun and the sh*tty grip thought he was Batman?

This is where my selfish bastard persona/attitude takes over and keeps me out of dumb sh*t like this. For me it's simple. If I'm the gun dude watching this go down, a quick analysis of the situation is required in regard to my proper reaction to the events. Question 1: Is there an immediate threat to me or someone important to me? In this incident, the answer to Question 1 is "No". The analysis ends there. By the way, just how much clear background would you expect to find on an interstate during rush hour? The lives of these nitwits would not be worth risking the safety of innocent bystanders over.

I didn't make the decision to take on the enormous responsibility and risk of being a gun owner in this state to satisfy some misguided Batman/hero complex. I did it to protect myself and people I care about. Neither of the dimwits in this incident qualify. It was a mess of their creation which makes it a problem for them or the cops to resolve. My role is limited to being a thoroughly entertained bystander. I wouldn't even offer the media or the cops a witness account.

This post is one of the best because in another thread about defending someone's life or being involved in a mass shooting, just about everyone that responded in that thread said they would do the same thing as you stated.

According to NES his actions were worse than smashing windshields and driving down the highway with someone on your hood.

You just don't quit making the same remarks over and over to make a lame point. As mentioned before, no one is saying that the gunman's action was worse than the other two clowns. However, there was a chance that it could have been if things turned south. If he did indeed fire his weapon, we would be having a much different discussion. Time and again, you are usually the first to bash cops for their behavior, even if others didn't see it the same way as you did. It doesn't take much to imagine what your response would have been if the gunman had been a police officer.

The bottom line for me is, I don't see a problem with the gunman intervening as he did. However, at no point was there a need to point his weapon at anyone with his finger on the trigger or telling the driver to get on the ground. In addition, the gunman was still carrying the gun when the police arrived, which could have led to him being shot.

True, but this incident was in the DPRM.

Also, ethnic lines were not crossed in a "bad" direction. If this had been a middle aged white fat guy pulling a gun on a hispanic there may have been more motivation to prosecute and even allege racial motivation.

Being declared an immediate threat and having his license indefinitely suspended sounds very expensive, and a payday for an up and coming ambulance chaser

I don't think gun guy contemplated the level of crazy involved for a person to be hanging onto the hood of a car while driving down the pike before he exited his car with a gun. If they were any higher level of crazy he may have had to pull the trigger. If I had stopped them I wouldn't have jumped out with a gun. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

The point is, you don't pull a gun and point it at someone with your finger on the trigger unless you or someone else is in immediate fear of grave bodily injury or death. The driver in the Infiniti was pinned in and couldn't do much with his vehicle. If he did, then using his gun might have been justified. In addition, as already mentioned, there were innocent people in the line of fire if the guy did use his firearm.

This post is one of the best because in another thread about defending someone's life or being involved in a mass shooting, just about everyone that responded in that thread said they would do the same thing as you stated.

You just don't quit making the same remarks over and over to make a lame point. As mentioned before, no one is saying that the gunman's action was worse than the other two clowns. However, there was a chance that it could have been if things turned south. If he did indeed fire his weapon, we would be having a much different discussion. Time and again, you are usually the first to bash cops for their behavior, even if others didn't see it the same way as you did. It doesn't take much to imagine what your response would have been if the gunman had been a police officer.

The bottom line for me is, I don't see a problem with the gunman intervening as he did. However, at no point was there a need to point his weapon at anyone with his finger on the trigger or telling the driver to get on the ground. In addition, the gunman was still carrying the gun when the police arrived, which could have led to him being shot.

This argument is nuts. The driver was in a position to very rapidly and without warning run over multiple people that were on foot in the vicinity of the car. The guy was still on his hood when the guy pulled the gun. The driver could have tried to smash through the cars that were in his way. As I said, almost everything he did after he unholstered his weapon was dumb, but there was ample justification there to unholster and probably to aim it at him as well.

With his finger on the trigger? And, you're also making the assumption that the Infiniti was still running after being pinned in by other vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom