• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good Gun Club Near Monson, MA

Rockrivr1

NES Member
My cousin just moved into Monson and asked me if I knew of a good gun club she could join with her husband. Don't know many out that way so hopefully the great NES brain trust could recommend one for me.

Thanks

I'm a member at Springfield Sportsman's Club. The club a lot to offer though the club has been undergoing some changes the past couple of years. I have noticed that it seems that there is a lot more communication between the leadership and the membership and that there have been some more projects to improve the property. I have also noticed that some of the activities have also been picking back up. That said, there are some things that they have been talking about for several years that don't seem to have happened yet....

Unfortunately, it seems like some of the prices have also increased and the joining process is a little more complicated than in the past. However, the prices still seem very reasonable. (As a matter of disclosure, I have thus far been grandfathered under the old rates)

Another consideration is facilities. Springfield Sportsman's a is a strictly outdoor club. If you want indoor range access that is an important consideration. Nanameseck in Palmer has outdoor ranges (out to 300 yards for rifles), a dedicated outdoor pistol range, and an indoor pistol/ .22LR rifle range. (For disclosure, I am not a member of Nanameseck but have considered joining there in the past)

Nenaneseck is most excellent. Indoor range - 24hr access. rifle, pistol & archery There is a pistol league which I highly recommend. I only fired a couple of matches here but was well into bullseye pistol before and loved it. There are other pistol events like pin matches. I know archery and junior rifle are active, I can't speak for rifle & shotgun events but I bet they offer something regularly. TC

Back
Top Bottom