Good day to hit the Range

Dusted off the Desert Eagle this afternoon. Awesome weather. Had a box of older Federal SJHP ammo I wanted to try out. Worked well for the most part.

It’s such an absurd gun to shoot but still fun ringing steel. I just hate how you can’t have a high grip with a DE otherwise you get slide bite. Basically need to have a shitty, almost “teacup” like grip so you don’t interfere with the slide and the giant slide stop. I almost always cut the back of my thumb and bleed all over the slide🤣
07D57635-AFCA-4C6C-9DD3-84491AC3CFDE.jpeg
A723C84B-6DCE-446E-9C64-375EF7F68C94.jpeg534AF891-E374-4FD1-B012-B9BEBBD5D786.jpeg

Then switched to the CZ SP-01 Shadow for some basic drills. Quite the transition from the ginormous DE🤣
999869E0-DD29-461E-82A2-A32515B34366.jpeg

I just hate how you can’t have a high grip with a DE otherwise you get slide bite. Basically need to have a shitty, almost “teacup” like grip so you don’t interfere with the slide and the giant slide stop. I almost always cut the back of my thumb and bleed all over the slide🤣
It looks like the cut is coming from the mag catch groove. I'm sure it needs to be that aggressive to hold the recoil spring tension.

Dusted off the Desert Eagle this afternoon. Awesome weather. Had a box of older Federal SJHP ammo I wanted to try out. Worked well for the most part.

It’s such an absurd gun to shoot but still fun ringing steel. I just hate how you can’t have a high grip with a DE otherwise you get slide bite. Basically need to have a shitty, almost “teacup” like grip so you don’t interfere with the slide and the giant slide stop. I almost always cut the back of my thumb and bleed all over the slide🤣
View attachment 580511
View attachment 580505View attachment 580506

Then switched to the CZ SP-01 Shadow for some basic drills. Quite the transition from the ginormous DE🤣
View attachment 580507
My son in law has the 50 caliber desert eagle. I can't hit the broad side of a barn. But it is a hoot to shoot. Love your CZ.

It looks like the cut is coming from the mag catch groove. I'm sure it needs to be that aggressive to hold the recoil spring tension.
The slide is locked open in that photo. It’s the back/edge of the slide that hits my thumb. You can’t grip high and tight under the beavertail unfortunately. Which is how I shoot every other semi auto😂
93C69918-A784-4CDF-847F-DE12B954A5DE.jpeg
8B4C2971-8DF4-4F54-B137-C85AA36F114E.jpeg

The slide is locked open in that photo. It’s the back/edge of the slide that hits my thumb. You can’t grip high and tight under the beavertail unfortunately. Which is how I shoot every other semi auto😂
Have you considered taking it to a gunsmith to have it that sharp edge professionally filed slightly? I know that means modifying a stock deagle, but:
1.) it would allow you to shoot the gun normally
2.) it would probably add value to the gun because now it's shootable.

You could do both edges for symmetry. It's a nice gun and I doubt you're going to sell it ever.

I’m kind of surprised by your CZ mag capacities
Lol. Did you think I’d have standard cap mags? I have a few preban 15 rounders (one without the blue basepad in the photo) but the rest are 10 rounders. I only shoot Production in USPSA and IDPA is 10 rounds max so.

Have you considered taking it to a gunsmith to have it that sharp edge professionally filed slightly? I know that means modifying a stock deagle, but:
1.) it would allow you to shoot the gun normally
2.) it would probably add value to the gun because now it's shootable.

You could do both edges for symmetry. It's a nice gun and I doubt you're going to sell it ever.
It’s not the edge that’s the issue. It’s just that the slide rides so low in relation to the frame/grip. If I had the edge filed it would still hit my hand. Albeit with a dull/smooth edge not a sharp one 😂

Lol. Did you think I’d have standard cap mags? I have a few preban 15 rounders (one without the blue basepad in the photo) but the rest are 10 rounders. I only shoot Production in USPSA and IDPA is 10 rounds max so.
I had a friend who owned a couple of STIs. He told me that he could get mag parts and assemble them from some online shop. This way he had mags that held 21 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom