• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good day to hit the Range

mikelawtown

NES Member
image.jpg Brought the Sam 7r with scope to play a little with adjustments , always love shooting a Milled AK. Also brought the BCM with the new Rise Trigger and was perfect, well worth the 99 bucks the trig costs , 3.5 ln pull and pretty crisp. Also took the Sub2k out for a spin and ran fiocchi and HST perfect, even hit steel at 100 yds with my bad eyes. Enjoy the day peeps
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 674
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 650
Last edited:
How does that Rise trig compare to the Velocity? Single stage I assume?
Pretty close , both in around 3.2 on average, and crisp the Rise has a small 1/8 of creep but I like it a lot, you do need .155 pins with it. Is it worth the 122 AIM sells them at? Yes I think. Guy asked me if it had a tickle switch I said no I'm just trying out the new trigger, lol.

Last edited:
Im jonsing. Dont have my first interview with MRA till 3/30 second on 4/13 then a six month proby period before i can shoot outside! wtf I am such a procrastinator maybe next year

I feel you. Hard to be satisfied.

Ammo?
also what kind of groups are you able to get with that PA red dot at 100 yds?
I had a Box of PMC X-Tac and 100 rounds of Wolf Gold. The PMC had a nice Feel that was smooth to shoot but that 6 shots on my target are from Wolf Gold. I got 5 in one inch and one hitting red but im going to adjust right a click or 2 Tuesday when I go back.

The Red dot I can hit 3 inch steel (piano keys I call them) hanging at 100 yards, never really tried on a target to get dead on but figure at 100 yards if I can hit 3 inch im ok.

Last edited:
Gonna be beautiful out tomorrow Mike, I'm quite jealous! Maybe I'll grab my AK at lunchtime and join the party [wink]

I had a Box of PMC X-Tac and 100 rounds of Wolf Gold. The PMC had a nice Feel that was smooth to shoot but that 6 shots on my target are from Wolf Gold. I got 5 in one inch and one hitting red but im going to adjust right a click or 2 Tuesday when I go back.

The Red dot I can hit 3 inch steel (piano keys I call them) hanging at 100 yards, never really tried on a target to get dead on but figure at 100 yards if I can hit 3 inch im ok.

I assumed you were using some match ammo. That's impressive for Wolf. PMC X-tac 55 gives me decent results, but my barrel best likes the SMK 69 at 1/2 moa. I wish I could find some Wolf in my area (Berkshire County)....

I've found that the Walmart Perfecta .223 is very accurate for me, and dirt cheap.

Back
Top Bottom