• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

good day / bad day?

centermass181

NES Member
so, Im working, or was working at a local (metrowest) LEO's house recently, and we begin talking about shooting, if I still did, blah blah... he says he doesnt have alot of time for fun shooting anymore etc etc. Long y story short, I get back to my pick up at the end of the day, and he threw 600+ rounds of .223, 350 rounds of .40 (HYDRO-FRICKIN-SHOK), about 100 12 GA HYDROSHOK slugs, and bunch of assorted stuff! GOOD DAY!

Spoke to a great friend of mine (Waltham LEO) today, offered to sell me back my remmy 700 PSS with glass, for what i sold it to him for. Always kicked myself for selling it. GOOD DAY!

Found out I had to pay almost 1700.00 in Real Estate Tax today. BAD DAY!

Did my taxes at HR Block, getting 7000 back. GOOD DAY!

Piclking up USP TAC from BadLama Hopefully this weekend. AHHH< Good Day.

I think Federal needs to push harder to market thier line of HYDRO-FRICKIN-SHOK ammo.

For those who don't know, it's a JHP bullet with a central post to aid expantion.

This is much like Federal's "Hydro-Shok" ammo but the HYDRO-FRICKIN-SHOK screams "BOO-YAHHH YOU GOT OWNED!!!!" as it tears a massive wound channel!

I bought a few boxes the other day in .88 OMG for my Deck Gun!

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

centermass181 said:
Did my taxes at HR Block, getting 7000 back. GOOD DAY!

Time to tinker with your withholdings a little. That's way to much money to be letting .GOV play with all year long, when you could be earning interest on it (or buying GUNS). [twisted]

ok, WE are getting back 7K. But it getting direct deposited into my Cking. So it MINE. and Four seasons'.

I Itemized this year, and Its my first year sharing the deduction on a 13 year old.

Weer'd Beard said:
I think Federal needs to push harder to market thier line of HYDRO-FRICKIN-SHOK ammo.

For those who don't know, it's a JHP bullet with a central post to aid expantion.

This is much like Federal's "Hydro-Shok" ammo but the HYDRO-FRICKIN-SHOK screams "BOO-YAHHH YOU GOT OWNED!!!!" as it tears a massive wound channel!

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

OK, that's friggin' funny.

C-pher said:
Weer'd Beard said:

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

OK, that's friggin' funny.

I think I'm going to try to Wildcat an .88 OMG

Maybe a Necked-down 20mm Grenade round?

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Very nice day, indeed!

As an aside, I've never read, heard or had many good things to say about hydra-shocks. The post aids in penetration, not expansion. The post seems to actually hinder expansion.

TonyD said:
Very nice day, indeed!

As an aside, I've never read, heard or had many good things to say about hydra-shocks. The post aids in penetration, not expansion. The post seems to actually hinder expansion.

Did you see that guys hand that derek posted?

Holy crap! That was a mess from those things...I just don't remember what the thread was called to search for it. But I'm sure that if derek comes around, he can re-link it.

TonyD said:
Very nice day, indeed!

Odd. I have nothing but absolutely great things to say about them. I even shoot better with them. ( I know it must be in my mind but my shots are 10 out of 10 with hydra and 8 out of 10 with normal)

I practice with the stuff. My make shift range in my basement is safe enough but just to make sure of no ricochet I use hydras.

I have also read nothing but good things about them.

C-pher said:
TonyD said:
Very nice day, indeed!

Did you see that guys hand that derek posted?

Holy crap! That was a mess from those things...I just don't remember what the thread was called to search for it. But I'm sure that if derek comes around, he can re-link it.

Yes, I've seen it. I've also seen a myriad of GSW's up close and personal.

Grifter: My statements concern actual tests and shooting data, not just what someone thinks. All I've heard (with the exception of Sanow) mirrors the emperical tests we conducted when I was still part of a Team. I'm just giving you my opinion and experience and why. Use whatever you like.

Weer'd Beard said:
I think I'm going to try to Wildcat an .88 OMG

Maybe a Necked-down 20mm Grenade round?

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

I've seen the 20mm necked down to .50. Well, in a picture book, I saw it!

".88 OMG" What a beautiful name.

.88 x 25.4 = 22.35mm; you'd have to bell out a 20mm!?!

(edited for math error)

centermass181 said:
"its an .88 magnum, Johnny. It shoots through schools"

I've always LOVED that quote!

"They say Jonny is a Knight in Shining Armor!"
"This thing will shoot though armor!"

Sorry, Ray I didn't do the math before I started "Talkin' Cool"

If I ever wildcat a round it's gonna be the .XX WB

unless it's made to cut an african elephan in half to limet the penetration on the soviet tank....then I'll call it .XX OMG 8)

Arrrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Pardon me, Weer'd Beard; sometimes I'm too literal.

I do love the name; .88 OMG sounds intimidating. Like a great piece of german artillery. While wimpy in comparison, I think .666 OMG has kind of a neat sound, too. [twisted]

Have you seen that necked-down 20mm wildcat in Cartridges of the World?

Back
Top Bottom