• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good day at the skeet range (field?)

Soundwave

NES Member
I guess I'll post this here since it was just a buddy and I shooting skeet by ourselves this morning. I only recently got into skeet a few months ago after borrowing my dad's old Churchill-chapin O/U he used for trap. Well first station this morning I hit both singles and then I hit the double with one round! Perfect timing as they crossed paths somehow. Top barrel has a fixed intermediate choke I believe. I have no idea how common it is but it's the first time I've done it or seen it done. While I did fairly well at the rest of the stations that was obviously the highlight of my range trip today.

Ok ill be "that guy". Skeet rules state if you break both on a double with one shot you have to repeat the pair. If you do it 3 times in a row it's scored as "hit lost". It's not something to celebrate. 😂

It actually happens often with new skeet shooters because the track the first bird too long. And all the rookies react the same just Ike you.....they get all happy and someone has to burst their bubble and tell them the result is actually "pair again no score established".

Last edited:
Ok ill be "that guy". Skeet rules state if you break both on a double with one shot you have to repeat the pair. If you do it 3 times in a row it's scored as "hit lost". It's not something to celebrate. 😂

It actually happens often with new skeet shooters because the track the first bird too long. And all the rookies react the same just Ike you.....they get all happy and someone has the burst their bubble and tell them the result is actually "pair again no score established".
No way! Lol. This was a fairly rapid shot too pretty much dead center over the field.

It actually happens often with new skeet shooters because the track the first bird too long. And all the rookies react the same just Ike you.....they get all happy and someone has to burst their bubble and tell them the result is actually "pair again no score established".
I guess I'm sticking to sporting clays then. [rofl]

Good on you for getting out and shooting. I love shooting skeet and hitting two birds with one shot is not uncommon but as stated if going by the rules you would have to shoot them both again.

The birds actually are supposed to pass over a certain point at the middle of the field at the same time and they are usually close enough to hit both at the same time when that happens. You might see a pole hanging on the wall at your range with a hula hoop sized circle on the end. That pole is placed in a hole in a post at our field and the machines are calibrated so both birds pass through that ring at the same time to ensure that the machines are throwing the birds right.

Good on you for getting out and shooting. I love shooting skeet and hitting two birds with one shot is not uncommon but as stated if going by the rules you would have to shoot them both again.

The birds actually are supposed to pass over a certain point at the middle of the field at the same time and they are usually close enough to hit both at the same time when that happens. You might see a pole hanging on the wall at your range with a hula hoop sized circle on the end. That pole is placed in a hole in a post at our field and the machines are calibrated so both birds pass through that ring at the same time to ensure that the machines are throwing the birds right.
Because it was at the first station I felt like the angle was odd for them to cross so perfectly. Also that skeet field (2 of 3) has a little "wobble" so they don't always come out the same. Overall it was a great round for me and the first of the day. Actually the last as well because my buddy tried to jam his gun shut on a shell that wouldnt load right. The brass had rolled so it wouldn't insert all the way and he ended up bending something inside so it wouldn't lock up....

Could be worse.

A former project leader Took Up Golf mid-life.

Totally by accident (way too early in his golf career),
he got a Hole In One.
  1. You're supposed to buy a round at the 19th Hole. He forgot his wallet, and couldn't do it.
  2. He just kept playing with the ball after he aced the shot, and lost it in the rough.
He said that everyone at the course
was absolutely ripsh¡t at him
for these grievous lapses
in Ye Antient Golf Etiquette.

[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom