• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good Day at the Range

Delkancott

NES Member
Just got through at the family range with my dad and son. It was a great (and hot) time. Tried out 2 new-to-us guns in a Sig Sauer P238 and Ruger Single Six in .22LR/WMR and a heirloom Savage 1907 that probably hadn't been shot in 50 years. Brought the Shield out too and shot it better than I ever have from 33 feet. Also shot my CZ455 from 200 yards with very good success, a Remington 581T from 75 yards and a Spikes/Rainier 5.56.

Lots of fun to say the least!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also got my CZ455 to the range today, only the third time but i really like that rifle. SHooting at 50yds with a bipod and after a few rounds to sight in, I was happy with the results. First target is 5 shots and second is 10. I guess now I need to let it stretch it's legs.

IMG_0145.jpg
IMG_0148.jpg
IMG_0146.jpg

I have been shooting my old 1942 remington 513t at 100 and 200 yards with match aperture sights... its fun and i find it rewarding more so than 50 and 25 yards. The wind comes into play and its good practice on reading the wind and ballistics... My best prone with sling group at 100 yards is just under 2 MOA....

I have been shooting my old 1942 remington 513t at 100 and 200 yards with match aperture sights... its fun and i find it rewarding more so than 50 and 25 yards. The wind comes into play and its good practice on reading the wind and ballistics... My best prone with sling group at 100 yards is just under 2 MOA....

25 can be challenging, read Appleseed lol, everything is harder when the timer is going, but this gun is still new to me. I really think it will be great at 100yds and beyond.

Good for you getting to the range with three generations. [thumbsup]
I wish my Dad had lived long enough to shoot with my Son.
I know he'd be proud of the boy.

I often think the same exact thing. But, I am hoping that it won't be long before I get me some grandchildren.

Also got my CZ455 to the range today, only the third time but i really like that rifle. SHooting at 50yds with a bipod and after a few rounds to sight in, I was happy with the results. First target is 5 shots and second is 10. I guess now I need to let it stretch it's legs.

IMG_0145.jpg
IMG_0148.jpg
IMG_0146.jpg

I really like mine. Need a more powerful scope though. The 3-9 isn't quite enough for the distance I can get out of the .17HMR

The older guns are lots of fun. The Remington works great. The weaver scope mounted on it, not so much though. Need to dust off some of the older high powered ones too.

Thank you. It was awesome. The only thing missing was my wife. I hope to correct that tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom